forum

Skypeosu! - osu! listening/playing statuses in Skype

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Micktu
I wrote a small program that displays statuses in Skype in the same fashion it does for MSN. It also does a great job of hanging out in system tray, looking pretty.

Instructions
  1. Install.
  2. Skype will ask you about allowing Skypeosu! access. Confirm.
  3. Make sure you have "Integrate with MSN Live status display" checked in osu! -> Options -> Online.
  4. That pretty much it, have fun!
Known issues:
  1. Will not work properly when you are playing something in Last.fm and osu! at the same time.
Changelog
  1. 0.9: Initial release
  2. 0.95: .NET 2.0 is now required instead of 4.0; Fixed a freeze/crash issue.
Download v0.95
dkun
Hmm, I'll test this out. Thanks for the sweet tool. :)
anonymous_old

Micktu wrote:

.NET Framework 4.0 is required (don't worry, the installer will let you kow if you don't have it).
If you can make it only require 2.0, it'd have the same requirements as osu! itself.

I'll try this later today. Looks like a cool idea, though. =]
TKiller
NyaKun did this before, but I guess not the point, since he never handed it to anyone not from #russian

Also, as far as I remember, his one didn't need "Integrate with MSN Live status display" enabled.
Topic Starter
Micktu

strager wrote:

If you can make it only require 2.0, it'd have the same requirements as osu! itself.
A reasonable point, I will do it.

There's already a problem found and is being worked on, an update is on its way.

Update: version 0.95 is out.
dkun
If you need webspace to host any of your files, I'd be more then happy to help.
peppy
If you chuck me the function you are using to set the status, I'll happily integrate this into osu! itself.
Bass
This is good idea, peppy :D.
Topic Starter
Micktu

dkun wrote:

If you need webspace to host any of your files, I'd be more then happy to help.
Thanks, I got more than enough :)

peppy wrote:

If you chuck me the function you are using to set the status, I'll happily integrate this into osu! itself.
Cool beans, I'll drop you an e-mail later this day.
laport
i hate to bring up an old thread, but jj sent me this url and im just wondering what happend because it's not in osu yet afaik (dont wanna make anyone mad)

cheers
peppy
I will probably add this eventually, but due to the external dependency it needs quite a bit of testing and a special ase where it downloads the required files. For the time being please continue to use this version :).
laport
I just got it working with the latest version of skype atm (5.0.0.152) and it works great out of the box :)

love this :D
TBTE
This Is The Shit...
Hands Down... Coming From a Black Person!!!
ShaggoN
Skype makes lot of lags... :|
laport
sometimes this skype for osu program grows to a whopping size of 85mB in the memory. which is like 5 times Skype.

:lol:
Seisshi
Awesome!! I rly love to use thiss :D
Mercurial
Good necro.

btw, nice tool ♥
palion
is the source available by any chance
California
oh this is so cool haha
DerekMcD
That would be cool, that'll get my friends to know me a little.

+Support
Tsukimi Luna
== are u that deperate for posts
Making such pointless necros...
Hendrik
awesome tool. would be a integration for mods possible? That it looks like [osu!] Playing "insert stupid beatmap" + "insert mods here".
would be awesome.
Zephi
lovely
i really love when the community makes this kind of programs for osu! :3

downloaded, for now is working properly! i'll tell you if there is any bugs
ZommortalGaming
It's not working on Windows 8.1
(it's starts and closes immideatly)
Condyle
it spams the home status with everysong you selected :( only anoying bug i found
XinCrin
dat necropost
show more