forum

[Archived] bluescreen problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My1_old
on my main PC I have a huge problem with osu
almost evrytime when I play it I get a bluescreen sometimes earlier sometimes later sometimes not @all
I can give you some error codes and so on
BUT BEFORE:
My RAM is OK, Memtest run several hours and I had only 1 error
Graphics card cant be it coz ehnging it doesnt help
HDD neither, coz TuneUp2011 Disk Doctor got no errors
junk (temp files, registry...) cant be it coz I Cleaned with CCleaner TuneUp2011 OneClick, TuneUp2011 Registry Cleaner and finnally 2times with Wise registry cleaner.
What can I do (Windows Update cant be it coz my PC isnt connected to i-net -> restriction of my mum)

perfomance specs
1,92GHz CPU
1GB DDR1-Ram
nVidia Geforce FX 5200 (128MB GRAM) (can sb upload the latest driver on a fast server for me, the one I get from nvidia hompage comes xTremely slow) (maybe it is because of my UMTS but I dont think so)

eroorcodes
SPOILER
the most famous errors and crashfiles are:
page fault in nonpaged area (ex. 0x50 (0xfa3ef74b,0x0,0x804e83dc,0x0)
IRQL not les or equal
Driver IRQL not less or eqal
--
nv4_mini.sys (for example: STOP:0x8e (0xc0000005,0xf749135f, 0xb9bd85e8,0x0) address F7491357, base @ F7272000, Datestamp 44dd49d8)
win32k.sys
ks.sys (STOP:0x50 (0xe952e971,0x0,0xf721ff93,0x2) address F721FF93, base @ F7217000, datestamp 4805c12

if ya need more just ask.
mm201
Try updating your video drivers. Make sure your specific brand and model is on the supported list of the driver you install.
Topic Starter
My1_old
just as said the latest I found is so slow that it drives me mad, meaning that it only loads with 3kbps or alike (yesterday)

Edit just found newer version, which loads faster
Topic Starter
My1_old
no updating does nothing, still bluescreen
Topic Starter
My1_old
I have new errors and I am annoyed, coz it comes everytime now, if I play directx or open GL, if I play with video/storyboard or none of them, ALWAYS...

here the new errors

bad_pool_header STOP: 0x19 (0x2, 0x86cdb828, 0x86cdc080, 0x1b0b1b79)

Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal STOP: 0xd1 (0xc, 0x2, 0x0,0xfdec7bc) protcls.sys address fdec7bc, base@ F6DCB000 Datestamp 48025ccc
'-> just with directx

page_fault_in_nonpaged_area STOP: 0x5 0(0xF459E477, 0x0, 0xFfdec7bc, 0xF7302263, 0x0) nv4_mini.sys address F7302263 base@ f6fb8000 datestamp 481c068d

please help me
nizidafabie
Tha'ts weird.. can it be the same problem as me? (with of the computer screen)
Topic Starter
My1_old
I know do you know hot to ipdate openGL, I upped directX but nothing better...
Topic Starter
My1_old
can anyone help???
Topic Starter
My1_old
OK, I updated verything I coud until now
but I have a new Problem
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63850

But why can I use NFS underground 2 (which would need far more graphics than osu) and why I cant use osu!???
Topic Starter
My1_old
but why can I play NFS Underground 2 (which looks like needing more power than osu) without problems and not osu!???
peppy
Have you tried changing the frame limit setting to 60fps? The problem is definitely with your graphics card/drivers, and it is likely this is being caused by excess heat. Also, your system is quite old, and hardware generally starts to fail over that kind of time.
Topic Starter
My1_old
I had always used 60fps but sometimes 120 seems to give mor speed, is vsznc guilty there???
coz I set vsync in nfs always off
I run the newest .net FW updates now, (this computer had no internet for mazbe 4 years and then I have to use UMTS, it is horrible)
peppy
Lower is generally better since it will use less gpu power. If you are still getting blue screens at 60fps then changing it isn't going to help.

The other option is you can try switching from directx to opengl, if possible.
Topic Starter
My1_old

My1 wrote:

I have new errors and I am annoyed, coz it comes everytime now, if I play directx or open GL, if I play with video/storyboard or none of them, ALWAYS...
ps edited my last post
Topic Starter
My1_old
graphicscard change did nothinh (startpost)
I finished my updates and restarted so I'll try now.
but what about making 60fps withOUT vsync (whatever it is)

and I didnt use fullscreen
Topic Starter
My1_old
not again, but one thing is curious
it likes killing my computer very often during or after spinners...
Topic Starter
My1_old
I need help
peppy
Apart from the suggestions already given, there is no way we can help you, no matter how many times you post. You could consider buying a new PC.
Fabi
What about overclocking that CPU?. By the way, I had the same GPU and the only way I could play was with OpenGL and Vsync enabled to 60.
Azure_Kite
If he's having issues with stability I doubt very much that overclocking would assist.
show more