forum

Some Kiai Time Suggestions

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Gens
1. Allow flashing circles to, uh, "flash" at half speed.

Flashing goes according to BPM, right? There are sometimes when you use 2x Slider Speed but Kiai time too, which could be kinda annoying. Be able to change it to half speed would solve the problem. (Similar as you can do with the countdown) :)

2. Divide Fountains into a separate checkbox

Yes, just as this thread suggests (unintentionally).
Basically, you want to change volume, sampleset, or even slider speed while Kiai is on, but you really can't because the Kiai will end as the sampleset change is made. A checkbox for this, something like "Add two star fountains" would fix this problem. Also, I dunno, another checkbox like "Only fountains" would be nice too.

I had a third suggestion but I forgot bldfghdkfgh
LuigiHann

Gens wrote:

Basically, you want to change volume, sampleset, or even slider speed while Kiai is on, but you really can't because the Kiai will end as the sampleset change is made. A checkbox for this, something like "Add two star fountains" would fix this problem. Also, I dunno, another checkbox like "Only fountains" would be nice too.
If you have two kiai sections directly adjacent, they'll be treated like one section, and only have fountains in the first. Two have a second fountain you have to make a tiny no-kiai section between them.

I wouldn't mind a toggle, though. Sometimes I'd like to have kiai start before the fountain.
mattyu007

LuigiHann wrote:

I wouldn't mind a toggle, though. Sometimes I'd like to have kiai start before the fountain.
Doesn't that sorta ruin the "Boom" of Kiai time?
LuigiHann

mattyu007 wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

Doesn't that sorta ruin the "Boom" of Kiai time?
Well see, I can see that others would use it in a way that would ruin the boom, which is why maybe there shouldn't be a toggle. But me, I'd use it to make the boom better.
mm201

LuigiHann wrote:

But me, I'd use it to make the boom better.
QFT.

Occasionally, I'd want to have just a *single* note flash at, eg., the strong beats at the beginning of Sandstorm.

+1 support
Kitsunemimi

MetalMario201 wrote:

Occasionally, I'd want to have just a *single* note flash at, eg., the strong beats at the beginning of Sandstorm.
That'd probably be hard to time. If it worked like a sound additive though....
mm201

Harris73 wrote:

That'd probably be hard to time. If it worked like a sound additive though....
Nah, no harder than placing a note. Drop a timing section with Kiai on at the time of the flash followed by a section with Kiai off no later than one beat after.

Works fine, except for the stars being too much, which is where the proposed disabler comes in. :)

Re: Topic: The first request should become obsolete if whenever slider speeds are implemented.