forum

A bunch of ideas and suggestions [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
terax
No, I'm not gonna make 69 new topics. Besides there was another thread like this and no one said anything... don't kill me?

1. P2P map sending in osu! would help with the bandwidth and with waiting in multiplayer. Also would be nice to detect if the player we want to send the song to is in our LAN to speed things up a little. (if its not done by some windows shit automatically.. dunno what happens if you try to send something to your own IP)
Osu uses irc, right? XDCC?

2. Player Mode / separate .exe file - having the whole game running consumes lots of computer resources, and I see "idle" people quite often, so I guess I'm not the only one who listens to music via osu!

3. At the main menu an option to shuffle songs only from favourites list

4. Add MOAR favourite lists >.> (custom names would also be good "to FC" :P )

5. I want a toggle. baseball bat? bring it on... I want to be able do disable the damn storyboard... mod/checkbox in options/... ANYTHING T.T It lags and it's soo much easier to play when your BG isn't spinning... now I have to remove files from /songs/ every time...

6. Disable mouse buttons while in play mode disables also my pause button.. do not want... I want to be able to pause using mouse button 4 while not able to c-c-c-combo break by accidentally clicking LPM

7. Change map difficulty system... I never know if map is hard or easy (for me to play)
Just look a the numbers and you'll see what I mean: http://up.ppy.sh/files/temp-0.png

8. Sorting maps by achieved rank

9. "favourite" button in multiplayer mode, when you're not the host you can't favourite a map (unless I'm too dumb to notice how) and with over 9000 maps it's hard to find THAT one later

10. I like my chat ticker... I don't care about not being able to close #osu... but combination of both pisses me of >.< I don't give a f... I really don't care what happens on #osu and I don't want to toggle the damn ticker every time I'm playing single player ....

kthxbye
deadbeat

terax wrote:

1. P2P map sending in osu! would help with the bandwidth and with waiting in multiplayer. Also would be nice to detect if the player we want to send the song to is in our LAN to speed things up a little. (if its not done by some windows shit automatically.. dunno what happens if you try to send something to your own IP)x
Osu uses irc, right? XDCC?
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22972

terax wrote:

5. I want a toggle. baseball bat? bring it on... I want to be able do disable the damn storyboard... mod/checkbox in options/... ANYTHING T.T It lags and it's soo much easier to play when your BG isn't spinning... now I have to remove files from /songs/ every time...
u want a toggle...to turn of storyboards...this has been requested SOOOO many times..never gonna happen as far as i know

terax wrote:

4. Add MOAR favourite lists >.> (custom names would also be good "to FC" :P )
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=36602&p=524311&hilit=+favorites#p524311

terax wrote:

7. Change map difficulty system... I never know if map is hard or easy (for me to play)
Just look a the numbers and you'll see what I mean: http://up.ppy.sh/files/temp-0.png
http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/index.php?title= ... tingSystem + osz2(i think)

terax wrote:

8. Sorting maps by achieved rank
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/32228

terax wrote:

9. "favourite" button in multiplayer mode, when you're not the host you can't favourite a map (unless I'm too dumb to notice how) and with over 9000 maps it's hard to find THAT one later
all ready requested viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18183&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=favorites
adam2046
Pretty much all of these have been requested/denied before.
Please search before making requests.

terax wrote:

2. Player Mode / separate .exe file - having the whole game running consumes lots of computer resources, and I see "idle" people quite often, so I guess I'm not the only one who listens to music via osu!
osu! has a jukebox feature. osu! is not a jukebox.

3. At the main menu an option to shuffle songs only from favourites list
Playlists of songs for the jukebox has been requested before and may be coming after osz2. viewtopic.php?p=444890

6. Disable mouse buttons while in play mode disables also my pause button.. do not want... I want to be able to pause using mouse button 4 while not able to c-c-c-combo break by accidentally clicking LPM
Possibly a good idea but I don't see what's so hard about hitting escape...

10. I like my chat ticker... I don't care about not being able to close #osu... but combination of both pisses me of >.< I don't give a f... I really don't care what happens on #osu and I don't want to toggle the damn ticker every time I'm playing single player ....
This doesn't make much sense...
Topic Starter
terax

deadbeat wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18183&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=favorites
I saw the topic but somehow missed the point... oh well. Time to sleep maybe...

http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/32228 err... how did that get in there? ... pleased to see and ashamed to ask for it...

thx for the links... making a sub folder in /songs/ is an retarded idea but at least it works

EDIT

adam2046 wrote:

Possibly a good idea but I don't see what's so hard about hitting escape...

This doesn't make much sense...
6. Time. I can click mouse button without breaking my combo (while on a slider for example)

10. Lemme try to explain...

Ticker + Multiplayer = Good, because it shows entries from highlighted tab
Ticker + Singleplayer = Bad, because it shows entries from #osu which I cannot close >.> (I suppose there is a reason for that?)
It just bothers me to turn it on and off and on and off and agaain
adam2046

terax wrote:

10. Lemme try to explain...

Ticker + Multiplayer = Good, because it shows entries from highlighted tab
Ticker + Singleplayer = Bad, because it shows entries from #osu which I cannot close >.> (I suppose there is a reason for that?)
It just bothers me to turn it on and off and on and off and agaain
I'm still confused about how this is a feature request.
You want the chat ticker to disable itself when not in multiplayer?
Derekku
Denied as these are duplicates/yada yada yada. Thanks for providing links, you guys <3. (ps adam why aren't you on the support team?)

#10: I think terax means that they don't want to see #osu during solo play (I suppose this is the only channel they have open), but like the ticker for multi (when #multiplayer is open). Either open #highlight or some other channel or just disable the ticker if you don't want to see #osu during solo play.
Feno_old
Why CAN'T we close #osu anyways?
Is it becuase the other channels require a connection to it or something?
That's the only reason I've been able to think of and it'd be nice with some clarification.
Zekira
laport

Zekira wrote:

"svsjoin $nick #osu"

something like that maybe? I dunno
Canneh

Zekira wrote:

Why CAN'T we close #osu anyways?]