posted
Total Posts

Disable storyboard to the options menu?

Yes
76.92%
No
23.08%
Total votes: 39
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MetalSonic3
Just posting something to pass time.

So yeah becouse I don't like that current countdown thingy (sorry) i decited to make this poll thing.

Lol.
LuigiHann
Perhaps it makes sense. Same as the no video mod.
awp
A "free play" sort of thing? Would this also disable the O and X breaks as well?
Topic Starter
MetalSonic3

awp wrote:

A "free play" sort of thing? Would this also disable the O and X breaks as well?
Yep. lol
Cecilthemos
I don't think it should, some people will spend a lot of hours perfecting and making their storyboards right, and I think you should at least watch them when playing the map, and the originals had no option to turn it off.
eyup
Maybe a "Skip" button, but some people have an issue with that as well. They probably haven't played Ready Steady Go on Ouendan1 enough.

Personally I don't think a no-storyboard option is required but I guess the poll will tell the story. If anyone cares to vote.
Echo
I like the no-video option because videos can cause lag which means less accuracy.

However, storyboards doesn't cause lag (as least on my pc) and I agree with Cecil that some people do spend a lot of time perfecting it (like me :P) so I really would prefer it if there wasn't a no-storyboard option.

edit: unless the so-called "no storyboard" option only turns off the default countdown, then i guess it's fine
awp
Storyboards shouldn't cause lag.

Even the backgrounds are a negligeable filesize and are cached (they're cached, right peppy?) ahead of time, and do not have to, y'know, stream...so I can't really see storyboards causing a lot of load on the machine. I don't really know why you would want to disable it, unless you found it really distracting.
peppy

awp wrote:

Storyboards shouldn't cause lag.

Even the backgrounds are a negligeable filesize and are cached (they're cached, right peppy?) ahead of time, and do not have to, y'know, stream...so I can't really see storyboards causing a lot of load on the machine.
Depends on said machine's graphics card fill rate. On older cards running at 1024x768, there is definitely going to be some lag. Its similar to the star-bursts that used to cause lag.