forum

Adding a song to your online profile favorites from osu! [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Derekku
Besides having a Favorites A and B list in game, I would like a new list, which when songs are added to, adds the songs to the favorites section in one's profile online. Likewise, adding a song to favorites online would add the song to the new list in game.

I would also like to be able to add favorites from the score screen, but that has already been suggested.

EDIT: The only problems I see after thinking about this are:

1) You can only have 10 online favorites.
2) It would be super annoying to see everyone's favorites in their profile.

This could be solved by either:

1) Having a collapsible favorites list online
2) Allowing users to have more than 10 online favorites
OR
3) Not showing favorites online, but favoriting a map online will add it to in-game favorites.
Gens
I've never had trouble with something like this before, but it wouldn't hurt, I guess.

The only problem I see here is Favorites in-game and Favorites in profile being mixed...
Topic Starter
Derekku
I said it would add to a new list (at the end), but I re-worded my post for clarity. =)
Kitsunemimi
This is a good idea. Why would we need an in-game favourites and a different osu! favourites, if only the in-game favourites are actually useful? Besides, favourites are favourites, the maps that we like in game are the same on the site.

+1 support
qlum
support as long as they are a different list because I don't want people to think the maps in favorites A/B are my favorite maps I use B for maps I still need to complete and A for maps where I need to improve my score
Metruzero
I honestly want this, I find my self playing a map thinking, "I want to add this to my favorites", so adding it right after I play instead of hunting for the song online.

+1 support
Topic Starter
Derekku
The only problems I see after thinking about this are:

1) You can only have 10 online favorites.
2) It would be super annoying to see everyone's favorites in their profile.

This could be solved by either:

1) Having a collapsible favorites list online
2) Allowing users to have more than 10 online favorites
OR
3) Not showing favorites online, but favoriting a map online will add it to in-game favorites.

I'll edit my topic post to reflect this.
peppy
I'd be happy to increase the limit to 20, but any more favourites than that doesn't make sense.
Topic Starter
Derekku
Will they be collapsible so we don't have to see pages worth of favorites on everyone's profile? =)
peppy
Added
Topic Starter
Derekku
Already said thanks in the changelog (ps: I asked a question there), but thanks again :3
ANIMEMANGAKID123
i have added favorites but i can't find all of them :cry: i was looking on recent activity but i have lots more favorites.can anyone help? :D
Shohei Ohtani
Two things:

First: Don't bump 2 year old topics with information not relevent to the thread. Your post probably would have been better as a Help Support Place Thingy thread.

Second: There's 2 kinds of favorites. There's online favorites (Using this picture for reference: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/127298 . Click on the box that says "Show All" that is ABOVE the Date box. It'll show a list of options. Choose FavoritesA and FavoritesB)

Then there's favorites that are shown on your profile. You can have 20 of these and you favorite them by going to the beatmap thread and clicking "Add To Favorites.)

or at least I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I just tried it right now, and it did exactly that o-o.

NOTE: You can only have 20 online profile favorites~.
Humb0ldt

CDFA wrote:

Two things:

First: Don't bump 2 year old topics with information not relevent to the thread. Your post probably would have been better as a Help Support Place Thingy thread.

Second: There's 2 kinds of favorites. There's online favorites (Using this picture for reference: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/127298 . Click on the box that says "Show All" that is ABOVE the Date box. It'll show a list of options. Choose FavoritesA and FavoritesB)

Then there's favorites that are shown on your profile. You can have 20 of these and you favorite them by going to the beatmap thread and clicking "Add To Favorites.)

or at least I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I just tried it right now, and it did exactly that o-o.

NOTE: You can only have 20 online profile favorites~.
I'm sure nobody will do something like that again
Sandy Hoey
This feature is already, why are you posting...