forum

GLaDOSu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loofah_old

Screenshots-
(That isn't the default background)

This is a reskin of about 90% of the game elements, it took quite a long while. Please enjoy it.

Download link
Download Version 2.1
James
this is really neat, the + i like the colors :3
peppy
You should either attach as a forum attachment or upload on http://up.ppy.sh
Looks very nice though - I'll try when its hosted somewhere nice.
SBKT
Holy crap dude, that is one of my favourite skins already. Can't wait to see it finished.
Card N'FoRcE
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Xiao_old
Looks awesome (a new skinner appears!) but the hit stars are a bit big, it seems. We'll see.

(my first post was a skin, too, rofl)
LuigiHann
more like GlaDosu amirite

Looks good in screenshots, I'll check this out.
Topic Starter
Loofah_old
Thanks for all the posistive comments, I should be done with 0.9 at the end of the week, 0.9 shoul include fully custom everything :D aswell as an update to things I've seen that need improvement.

NEW VERSION 0.9 released!
TachiFox

Rolled wrote:

booby health bar? ^_^
Ever played Portal? Not boobies, more like GLaDOS parts. xD
awp

TachiFox wrote:

Rolled wrote:

booby health bar? ^_^
Ever played Portal? Not boobies, more like GLaDOS parts. xD
I've played through Portal start to finish three or four times but I didn't make the connection, myself. The GLaDOS orbs looked metallic with little panels and such on them, kind of like the companion cube -> ball transformation.

Download: EastNewSound - Hana wa Gensou no Hate Ni (Leorda) [a-change].osu
devkit4384
wow, this is the first good theme i've seen in a while

NICE!!!!! :D
dumpsterdiver
This is a good damn skin. It's clean, edges are feathered nicely. The art's good, too. I don't really care for the 100, 100k, 50, or miss hit bursts, though. The cake works well as 300, but for the rest it's hard to differentiate them while playing. They all look like squares when sped up. I think they have too much detail. Most bursts just say "300" and have an explosion, yours are a bit busy. The white metallic look is pretty spiffy, but you still need to provide contrast in there some where.

I personally think that the approach circle is too thick.

I also don't care for the combo burst. I would've gone with the WCC or a Turret, myself. WCC would be interesting, the motion would make it seem almost... alive...

This is a great skin so far, keep it up. I wanna see what you do for a font, too.

Brennan
Ace of Trades
no sounds... NO SOUNDS!!! PREPARE TO ENTER THE WORLD OF... um... NOT SO... no... sounds. Kinda tracked off there. ANYways, I have MADE a GlaDOS countdown... for some reason. I can't think of any better place for it to go but here!

Also, I DID make these sounds myself. Not ripped from game. I made them wiff my AWESOMENESS... or something. Anyway, enjoy these GlaDOS countdown sounds.

Download: GlaDOS Countdown.zip
Ace of Trades
Those approach circles... they are HUGE. Either make them more translucent or make them thinner. They obstruct the play field. Also, I noticed my sounds are WAY to quiet. I'm working on making them louder in some way.
Ace of Trades
Okie Dokie. I made the sounds better... I think. I also added a fail sound. Any other sound ideas and I'll try to make them for you. All you have to do is ask.

Download: GlaDOS Countdown 1.1 + Fail Sound.zip
Jarby
I prefer this failsound.

Download: failsound.rar
Ace of Trades

JarJarJacob wrote:

I prefer this failsound.
That fail sound doesn't seem to make any sense... what does it have to do with GlaDOS... or Portal for that matter? Well.... it's not my skin, so it's not my opinion. But that just sounds AWFUL...
Jinxy

Ace of Trades wrote:

JarJarJacob wrote:

I prefer this failsound.
That fail sound doesn't seem to make any sense... what does it have to do with GlaDOS... or Portal for that matter? Well.... it's not my skin, so it's not my opinion. But that just sounds AWFUL...
Failing is supposed to be awful.
Neku's screaming always reminds me to get better in osu.
Ace of Trades

JInxyjem wrote:

Failing is supposed to be awful.
Neku's screaming always reminds me to get better in osu.
True, but it it should be relevant in SOME way. Also, why does it always have to be awful? Why can't you just have some fun? I think the "Nice job breaking it, Hero." quote is a fun gameover noise. After doing bad enough to fail, why make yourself feel worse? Have a laugh and it will all be better!
show more