forum

Yoko Ishida - paraparaMAX I

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chan
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, 24 April 2008 at 1:44:39 AM

Artist: Yoko Ishida
Title: paraparaMAX I
BPM: 158.5
Filesize: 35831kb
Play Time: 36:17
Difficulties Available:
  1. marathon (4.13 stars, 3488 notes)
Download: Yoko Ishida - paraparaMAX I
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My big work in progress (more or less completed). It's ~35mb but the song is also around 36 minutes. I don't expect this to get ranked, but possibly used in competition. Comments/feedback welcome!
Thanks to everyone who tried this beatmap~
Special thanks to Saturos for his feedback/comments/help/enthusiasm.
If you already have the mp3 from previously downloading, avoid the full download and get the storyboard only pack :P

==Song List==
01 Zankoku na Tenshi no Teze - Shinseiki Evangelion
02 You Get To Burning - Kidosenkan Nadesico
03 Stand Up To the Victory - Kidosenshi V Gundam
04 Shourisha-tachi no Banka - Kidobutouden G Gundam
05 Just Communication - Shin Kidosenki Gundam W
06 Pegasus Fantasy - Saint Seiya
07 Samurai Heart - Yoroiden Samurai Troopers
08 I'll Come - Shinseiki GPX Cyber Formula
09 Hohoemi no Bakudan - Yu Yu Hakusho
10 Velvet Underworld - Weiss Kreuz
11 Rinbu-Revolution - Shoujo Kakumei Utena
12 Otome no Policy - Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon R
13 Ririka SOS - Nurse Angel Ririka SOS
14 Yuzurenai Negai - Magic Knight Rayearth
15 Catch You Catch Me - Card Captor Sakura
16 Cha Cha ni Omakase - Akazukin Cha Cha
17 Tasogare Lonely - Creamlemon Lemon Angel
18 Mezase! Ichiban!! - NG Knight Lamune & 40
19 Yume Mireba Yume Mo Yume Janai - Mahoshoujo Pretty Samy
20 Ren'ai no Jikuu - Tenchimuyo!
============================================
Changelog
[update 25/03/08]
Updated with all the timing points done, most beats are timed. Need to rework the majority of the sliders in the song though. That and beat placement :(

[update 06/04/08]
Little progress made, only 01 A Cruel Angel's Thesis is properly reworked. Sorry Saturos, but I had to get some monte carlo biscuits.

[update 07/04/08]
Re-finished 01 Cruel Angel's Thesis after accidentally deleting it. Going on a mod spree tonight, so probably won't get any more of this done

[update 09/04/08]
Finished 02 You Get To Burning, might knock off the next song while I'm still in the mood. Took out the spirally slider but might put it back in later.
Added song list and finished 03 Stand Up To the Victory :) Might try to get song 4 out of the way if I can.
Fixed 04 Shourisha-tachi no Banka

[update 10/04/08]
Fixed 05 Just Communication
Fixed 06 Pegasus Fantasy. Can someone confirm the song list? I don't know whether the next song is Samurai Heart or not, only know that I'm @ 12:53 ish of the way through Parapara. Might shoot for one more song :)
Added 07 Samurai Heart and 08 I'll Come XD Halfway through 09 atm, might get a chance to finish that off.

[update 11/04/08]
Hax, fixed 09 Hohoemi no Bakudan & 10 Velvet Underworld! Increased framerate helps :P
Re-fixed 10 (had beat spacing of 1.2 instead of 1.0). Worked some sliders of 11
Did someone say 11 Rinbu-Revolution? Fixed! Planning on knocking off a few more.
3/4 done Otome no Policy, at least all the sliders are fixed. Running low on motivation now after some bad modding

[update 12/04/08]
Finished 12 Otome no Policy, might redo some parts later, but done for now. 60% of Parapara done!

[update 14/04/08]
Don't know how, but somehow mapped 13 Ririka SOS and 14 Yuzurenai Negai. Will probably go over them again in future, but they're playable for the time being. Finally made it to CCS opening!
Mapped half of CCS and tested up til there (from start to there), very tired now so will rest a bit before any more mapping. Got ~9million with heaps of misses, due to lag and fatigue.

[update 15/04/08]
15 Catch You Catch Me is mapped, though maybe that got done yesterday?

[update 16/04/08]
16 Cha Cha ni Omakase is mapped. Doing some sliders addage for 17 Tasogare Lonely
Finished 17 Tasogare Lonely and 18 Mezase! Ichiban!!
Kind of finished the second last song, but there's a lot of copypasta towards the end. I'll fix that up before I map the last of the Parapara songs (!!!)
Somehow made it to the end of Parapara, mapping 19 Yume Mireba Yume Mo Yume Janai with just 20 Ren'ai no Jikuu to go. Could be a while seeming it's duration is relatively long :(

[update 17/04/08]
Part way through 20 Ren'ai no Jikuu. It's pretty long, with some chunky instrumental sections. There are quite a few spinners, but it's not exactly spinner spamalot. Added sliders and timed all the beats, about two thirds through mapping all the beats. A bit of copypasta action in there as well (with minor adjustments), may look at trying to map all the choruses differently.
Cleaned up all notes after spinners (either omitted notes or the spinners). Bear in mind that there are no quick spinners in Parapara, I don't want players go crazy with the spinner bonuses. You should be able to comfortably clear the spinners and be prepared for whatever follows, but I've been generous with having ample time between spinner finishes and following notes.
Some overlapping notes are re-arranged for better playability. Stacks are still there, but there was a section where like notes 7/8/9 overlapped 2/3/5 or something strange.
Still a lot of copypasta in song 20 which needs some originality added. Also haven't finished mapping the last few minutes, there be no spacing there for the time being.
Finished 20 Ren'ai no Jikuu!
Got rid of some of the excessive copying and pasting, although there are still familiar patterns scattered around.
Difficulty renamed to [marathon].
Mapped the outro of Parapara as well, will test and scrutinize my own map a bit later, don't have time til after my assignment is due.

[update 18/04/08]
Minor fixes to improve playability (or increase the likelihood of Saturos S-running this song). Specific times 28:31:71 and 30:13:48. Also got rid of my [bug] difficulty :P Why was that there in the first place?
The [bug] difficulty haunts us all :(
Made changes to triple stacks in song 18? Starting at 28:55:64
Spinner made slightly longer for less surprise element. You get like 1 second less break though -_-;
Added one note with whistle to the end of one of the latter songs, forgot which song though (it's song 18 again).

[update 19/04/08]
Changed 11:47:87 (3,4,5) to a slider with reverse.
Gone through all the offsets, sounds a bit better.
Need someone to verify offsets (and possibly BPM) for each section!

[update 23/04/08]
Redone timing for Pegasus Fantasy, trying storyboarding atm with some suggestive Evangelion wallpapers ;)

[update 24/04/08]
Fully storyboarded and re-uploaded.
If you already have the mp3 from previously downloading, avoid the full download and get the storyboard only pack :P
Saturos
Starting at 1:14:44 and continuing throughout the rest of the song, the sliders are lasting longer than they should. Last time this happened, it was a build difference issue, so this is probably nothing to worry about yet, but thought I should bring it up. I played it on both the current test build and the current public build (b235), but I assume you're using an older one because of your limit.

Otherwise, it's looking good. <3
Topic Starter
chan
I'm well aware of my slider issues. I actually reworked my slider velocity because it didn't fit with the distance snapping. I haven't gone through my beatmap to change the lengths of the sliders yet though. I will probably start on it late tonight, but don't worry, I'll have this beatmap ready for you eventually.

Maybe if you did want to help me with the beatmap, you could check the timing sections, but I'm pretty happy with them for the time being.
Topic Starter
chan
Nice progress made in the last week or so. I plan on storyboarding some anime background images for each of the songs, as well as song titles and originating anime titles. Might take a bit of a break this week as I have a pretty big assignment due Friday, which I haven't started. If anyone has BG suggestions from any of the anime in Parapara, feel free to post them.
Saturos
I said I wasn't going to play it again today, but I did anyway. <3 for removing the one spinner at 2550x combo point (I forgot where exactly it was as far as time ;x)

Spacing issues I found:

36:09:24 (2,3) - Very large gap here. Intended?
36:16:39 (4,5) - Misleading spacing. Intended?
36:16:39 (7,8,9,10) - Misleading spacing. Intended?

I thought there were more, but I guess there wasn't. They're all obviously in the very last section of this monster, so climatic spacing? Thoughts plox. ;x

I think I'll play around with the test mode's mistimed hits counter thing tomorrow, since I feel a little iffy about the offset in a couple songs (the first song in particular feels early, but I think some others may be slightly off as well. And when I say slightly, I mean ~20ms max off).
Topic Starter
chan
Will check out that spacing, I swear I've been nazi about it :( Darn!

Saturos wrote:

They're all obviously in the very last section of this monster, so climatic spacing?
Maybe I held alt and mousewheeled by accident, which did happen before. I certainly don't intend for the spacing to change though.

Timing is something that I need to go through badly, since my universal offsets have changed. BPM is relatively ok, but I think most of the offsets could do with a thorough reworking. Hopefully I won't break the map.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated~
Topic Starter
chan

Saturos wrote:

Spacing issues I found:
36:09:24 (2,3) - Very large gap here. Intended?
36:16:39 (4,5) - Misleading spacing. Intended?
36:16:39 (7,8,9,10) - Misleading spacing. Intended?
Did you update to the latest version? I checked those sections over and could not find any beat spacing issues. In fact, 36:09:24 (2,3) was an overlap. I did delete a beat and extended a reverse on one of the sliders just now, but couldn't find any real need for editing this last section. I don't have undo toggled atm, so some slight placement changes may have been made but I think the spacing was fine for that section. Unless you gave me the wrong times or something.
Saturos
Perhaps it didn't fully update me for some reason. They were fine on this play through. Also noticed on this play through the other area I remembered needing a spacing fix you had corrected, too (also in the last song). So no worries I guess.

I still haven't double checked timing yet, though. >>

As a side note, I keep losing focus ~28-30 mins in, and then 50s/misses start appearing. :(

Also, the score is actually 254,696,380. The ranking page doesn't have room for the 9th digit. Lulz.

awp
You missed a few.

As an aside - wow.

Seriously the days need to start getting longer.
Topic Starter
chan
Hmmm, bit of a performance drop by Saturos @ about 60%, 77%, 82% and 90% of the song. Will go through the editor to see if there are any unreasonably difficult parts.
Or maybe fatigue hahaha.

[edit]
21:39:97 - does this combo need to be toned down? It is playable, but maybe it doesn't need to be so fast in a long song like this.
28:31:71 (3) - changed this to a slider that reverses, not sure if it's much easier :( Not even sure if this is what caused your drop.
30:13:48 (3) - same as above.

Can't find anything out of the ordinary around 90%. 32:51:36 (1,2,3) might be it (and similar 3 note combos), due to the overlap of notes 1 & 3, but it's not cluttered or fast at those points so I am not about to change that unless someone tells me otherwise. Maybe I'll put it down to fatigue :P

Still need to look at offsets, maybe late tonight if I don't pass out.
Saturos

chan wrote:

21:39:97 - does this combo need to be toned down? It is playable, but maybe it doesn't need to be so fast in a long song like this.
28:31:71 (3) - changed this to a slider that reverses, not sure if it's much easier :( Not even sure if this is what caused your drop.
30:13:48 (3) - same as above.

Can't find anything out of the ordinary around 90%. 32:51:36 (1,2,3) might be it (and similar 3 note combos), due to the overlap of notes 1 & 3, but it's not cluttered or fast at those points so I am not about to change that unless someone tells me otherwise. Maybe I'll put it down to fatigue :P
21:39:97 - Fine as is.
28:31:71 (3) - Not sure what happened here, but it was probably due to focus loss or perhaps offset. I think it's fine otherwise.
30:13:48 (3) - Same as above.
32:51:36 (1,2,3) - Probably loss of focus again. :<

EDIT:

Okay, played through it again, and there's always this same spot that gets me without fail. Starting at 28:55:64, there are 4 sets of beats containing 2 pairs of triple stacks in a row. Every damn time, atleast one of them (usually the first) gets me. Perhaps turn into pairs of small repeating sliders? I probably only have trouble with this because of my left-click only playstyle, though, so up to you.

29:21:27 (0) - This spinner is both short and surprising, so players with slowish reaction times may not notice it at all. I typically get a 100 on it. Not too sure what to do to it, though, so keep as is I guess.

That's all that I can come up with for now again.

Also, new score update. Combo broke at the dualing triple stacks that I mentioned. I exported a replay of this, too. ;x

Topic Starter
chan
Only 3 misses? :O
Lengthened that short spinner, now lasts for 5 beats. Really trying not to cut back too much :P

I suspected those triple stacks were too fast, although who only uses 1 mouse button? Changed to tiny sliders, though I don't really like them.
Rechanged to longer sliders, due to my dislike of tiny sliders. We now skip the middle beat of those triple stacks, but really, they're so fast and so brief that no one will really miss them. ...except me

[Edit]: Are the triple stacks in "Just Communication" too fast? Ie. 10:48:17...
Going through timing on Peppy's other other pc, hopefully I won't ruin all the timing sections.
Saturos

chan wrote:

Are the triple stacks in "Just Communication" too fast? Ie. 10:48:17...
Like I said, I think it's just because of my play style. I can do triple stacks of that speed fine when they're alone, and even the 5 stack in the first song, but coordinating a second right after is a major bitch for me for some reason. If you rather keep it as pairs of triple stacks, that's fine by me. I can just learn where they appear and prepare for it rather than bitching. ;x
Topic Starter
chan
Nah, I think I prefer the new sliders anyway.

I need to learn how to storyboard now. And I need some backgrounds to match the songs. Hullo http://www.animewallpapers.com
Echo
Woot, finished it. The spinners near the end nearly killed me, because I couldn't spin half the spinners since osu was lagging on my pc.

Saturos
Offsets felt great for the first half of the song. I have yet to play through the second half, though. awp claims the second half felt fine, too, though. ;x
awp
Holy shit this beatmap is really fun.

Granted when I played it I was not in the optimal setting to play a 35 minute beatmap but I had fun.

Score was abysmal. What follows is a plethora of excuses for my terrible score:

-Only the first track was familiar.
-Sightreading. Never seen it in edit mode or nothing. BALLS FIRST, GO!
-ORC. Had the ticker tape going, so I could still read orc. Broke a good few combos doing this, and on the rare occasion was typing instead of playing
-Computer was dying before I even started. Seriously my mouse was frozen at the first frame of the hourglass and my non-bancho non-msn internet wasn't working

I've labelled bits of the graph on the screenshot below. This ranking graph doesn't just tell a playthrough's progress, it tells a story~

|A| - First drop: a bug flew in my left eye while playing. Kamikaze almost killed me. I was tapping with z/x and removed that hand to clear my eye out, trying to swap to tablet tapping to some avail. Second drop, after reverting back to z/x I slammed the windows start-menu key in the process, disabling me for a bit. Amp overload eat your heart out.

B - Something slammed into the window behind me and for some stupid reason I turned around mid-combo.

C - Was talking to awpmom on MSN when I shoulda been playing.

About half of the other combo breaks were due to my being too early on notes, a third of them were due to reading ORC ticker, and the remaining sixth were due to PC hiccups which temporarily (0.5s~1s) disable gamplay.

When I reformat PC I'll try to break 100 million.

Damn thing's fun as hell though. Difficulty's set well for an endurance match that is relatively forgiving, allowing you to hold a combo through unpredictable sections so long as you're at least paying attention. Easy to survive, so you don't get frustrated. Some of the short repeat sliders tripped me up at first but I got used to 'em.

Echo
lol I forgot to post comments on the map in my post ==;

Like awp said the HP drain was set to a good level. I didn't find anything unexpected in the whole map, which is also good. I think the map is great!
machol30
A really fun and very long beatmap.
Actual Score: 276,056,320

Ahh... I keep messing up on the same parts... It gets annoying when I have to restart all the way over because of a stupid combo break within the first 16-20 minutes of the song! :|
Oh, well... and really nice beatmap, chan! :)
awp
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
show more