forum

Any tablet users?

posted
Total Posts
show more
rust45

Daru wrote:

I'd like to proudly proclaim that mine is both bigger and more sensitive than both of yours. :)
That's what she sa-shot-
Volvagia356
Doesn't exactly count as a "tablet"... but I use a DS running a homebrew called DS2WIN that maps the DS's touchscreen to the mouse. I set all the screen update settings to "off" so all the bandwidth is reserved for sending the stylus movements to the computer.

I keep the stylus on the screen at all times and use the Z key for clicking.
LilyPichu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Card N'FoRcE
I'm a mouse player, but sometimes i use this as a tablet to have some fun xD
I'm not kidding (not my video)
it's not so bad to use, but ZX are a must.
heintsi

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

I'm a mouse player, but sometimes i use this as a tablet to have some fun xD
I'm not kidding (not my video)
it's not so bad to use, but ZX are a must.
Hmm, i tried ds2win couple times with osu but it was too laggy for me, but as comments say, maybe you need fast conn and computer.. It's also damn fun to to move mouse and click things while someone else is using computer :D i've fooled many to think their comp has virus on it.. Fun times, fun times.

And i'm mouse player.. been wanting my hands on tablet for long time, though.
Volvagia356

heintsi wrote:

Hmm, i tried ds2win couple times with osu but it was too laggy for me, but as comments say, maybe you need fast conn and computer.
That's pretty simple to fix, just press start in Virtual Desktop mode and set all screen update options to "OFF" because why send the monitor to the DS screen when you won't be looking at it anyways. If possible, turn the frame limiter off too.

Though I already mentioned some of these on Page 2...
heintsi
aah of course.. why didn't i think of that
Xiao_old
Another tablet player here (and yeah, I've posted in like two other threads like this but they were all just "WHO PLAYS W/ TABLET LOLOL").

I tap with my tablets for the most part; my accuracy is only good with the tablet. For 1/16th notes, if there are only two, I tap them. If there are three or more (i.e. a stack) I use z/x. I also find spinners much less destructive on your wrist than a mouse because I can just make tiny circles around the pivot of the spinner rather than flailing my mouse around. I also never use z/x and tapping in conjunction (i.e. a stack of 5 will either be 5 tap or 5 z/x alternations; never anything else).

Tablet or mouse, I suck at jumps either way.
rust45
I do not know how you people can stand stand tapping, for me, it's tough to hold the stylus over the tablet so the computer still gets the input and then I have to tap, I tried tapping once and swore off my tablet. Then I heard about z and x and how you can disable mouse clicks so I started playing like that by just keeping my stylus on the tablet, it is much easier for me and I can keep the rhythm much better.
Xiao_old
You get used to it after playing Ouendan and EBA enough.
YoshiKart

rust45 wrote:

I do not know how you people can stand stand tapping, for me, it's tough to hold the stylus over the tablet so the computer still gets the input and then I have to tap, I tried tapping once and swore off my tablet. Then I heard about z and x and how you can disable mouse clicks so I started playing like that by just keeping my stylus on the tablet, it is much easier for me and I can keep the rhythm much better.
That's me. :P

My driver's screwed up. It keeps switching between "working with Vista, but not osu!", and "working with osu!, but not Vista". And when I say working, I mean being able to disable taps via mouse button disable in options. :(
rust45

Xiaounlimited wrote:

You get used to it after playing Ouendan and EBA enough.
Oh trust me, I played plenty of EBA back in the day, I still play it now, the problem I have with tapping on a tablet is being able to keep your stylus close enough that your computer gets the input and you can see the cursor move on screen. And when I keep the stylus on the tablet my movements are much more tight.
Xiao_old
I just tried disabling clicking, then dragging the stylus using z/x instead. I failed maps I'd normally S or SS. ಠ_ಠ Way too confusing for me.

Thing is, I can resize my tablet's active size both on the tablet and the screen. I use an area that's about 1.3"x1" with an active screen area that only covers my osu! window. I can plant my wrist down and never have to slide it around which means I never lift my stylus around 1cm off (which is the detection area). I also find it helps with jumps immensely since I don't have to fling my hang around, the dragging would be way too slow IMO and I can't play with the mouse to save my life.

To each his own, so they say.
Topic Starter
Daru
Hm, I don't really have that problem, with my tablet sensing my pen.

My pen is tracked until about a centimeter off the surface, and it's set to pen mode. Since it's in pen mode anyway, I rely half and half on the cursor on the screen and learned movements with my hand in accordance to a certain position on the screen.

What model tablet do you have?
rust45
I have a Wacom Intuos 3. It's also rather big, 6.5X8 inches.
Topic Starter
Daru
Hm. I personally own a 9x12" Wacom Intuos3, though I never noticed any issues with the distance.

But then, I had been using my Wacom since a few months prior to joining Osu! for CAD and CG work, so it may be that I'm just used to it. :|
rust45
Well as I said before, I also have trouble with controlling the stylus, it's not just making the computer getting the input.
Remco32
So, any good brands/models for a good tablet for osu! ?
Something not too expensive, since it will probably only for osu :)
EDIT: My new Bamboo tablet works fine :)
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Xiao_old
lol, #osu was bitching at me telling me tablet is easier than mouse and told me to start playing with a mouse

ಠ_ಠ
GladiOol
I have no tablet, i just use my mouse =]
z/x = for LoOseerzzz..
Mouse only for the win :3
Lesjuh

Gladi wrote:

I have no tablet, i just use my mouse =]
z/x = for LoOseerzzz..
Mouse only for the win :3
What are you doing here? D:
rust45

Xiaounlimited wrote:

lol, #osu was bitching at me telling me tablet is easier than mouse and told me to start playing with a mouse

ಠ_ಠ
They're jealous of our sexy tablets.
Jerrysr
I switched to tablet about 1 month ago 8-)

wacom intuos 3 6" x 8"
Lesjuh

Jerrysr wrote:

I switched to tablet about 1 month ago 8-)

wacom intuos 3 6" x 8"
Wacom intuos 3 ftw!
Larto
I'm gonna become one in "1-3 workdays". Ordered a Wacom BAMBOO. Can't wait to use it :D
tieff
Remco32
Xiao_old
The standard and the Fun feel exactly the same.
Skyripper
Larto

Remco32 wrote:

Larto wrote:

I'm gonna become one in "1-3 workdays". Ordered a Wacom BAMBOO. Can't wait to use it :D
Which one?
The standard. Is there a big difference?
Derekku

Larto wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

Larto wrote:

Which one?
The standard. Is there a big difference?
Bamboo or Bamboo Fun? There's really no difference besides the buttons looking a little different and the Fun one comes with Photoshop Elements and Corel Painter.

Small or Medium? The small is MORE than good enough imo. Plus the medium is usually double the price :X
Larto
Sounds like the normal Bamboo standard is best for me then ^_^ Good I ordered that one, it's cheaper and it looks cooler than the fun one anyway
Remco32
I have a Bamboo One btw
Topic Starter
Daru
How much did you buy the Bamboo One?

From the prices I saw, it looks like it costs as much as a regular bamboo, which I would prefer over the One.
Remco32
50 Euro
Lesjuh
When playing long maps without breaks or long spam of beats, my hand gets sweat and I lose grip of my tablet pen. This is terribly frustrating :<

/me needs moar breaks in maps

Also, I use the '2' key on the right as extra button for stacks/streams since my new tablet takes over alotta space xD

I previously had a Wacom Volito2 Small, now I use a Wacom Intuos3 A4 Large. Same as Daru.
Remco32
Had the same problem with EBA en OTO(2), but only after a hour playing or so.
Topic Starter
Daru
For me, it's more that the side of my hand gets a bit sweaty, and sticks to the tablet surface (not just in osu!, but when I'm using it for long periods of time).

I made myself something like this: http://www.smudgeguard.com/
Works pretty well, though it looks a bit silly. :P
Remco32
Changed my tablet settings so I never have to lift my hand from the tablet to hit any circles/sliders. Works great so far...
show more