forum

Make the base color of background dim user definable.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,199
Topic Starter
Keredna
When we dim the background, it would always be dimmed to the color that the mapper set it as.
It is uncomfortable to play a map that has dark blue hitcircles/approach circle when the dim is also dark blue (which happens to half the maps I have for some reason).
So I want to propose that players can choose the base colors the beatmaps get dimmed into.
I personally would like to use a black dim, but would also want the ability to change to a different color dim when there is black hitcircles.

Perhaps this can be made into a skinable option or permanent ingame option?
deadbeat
as far as i'm aware, mappers can't set a dim colour. it should be dimming to black. :/
Topic Starter
Keredna

deadbeat wrote:

as far as i'm aware, mappers can't set a dim colour. it should be dimming to black. :/
mappers can't set the dim or they shouldn't be "allowed"? O_o
deadbeat
no reason to let them set it. as i said. it should just dim to black(or just darken a lot). if that's not happening, then something is wrong
Topic Starter
Keredna

deadbeat wrote:

no reason to let them set it. as i said. it should just dim to black(or just darken a lot). if that's not happening, then something is wrong
Well, it's dimming at random colors for me, so something is wrong...
theowest
oh gosh. yes!
PhiLL A
yes, I hate when I dim a map that has black hitcircles. support
Ohrami
Just disable the skin so the hitcircles are a different color
theowest

Kyou-kun wrote:

Just disable the skin so the hitcircles are a different color
It makes them default?! How did I not know this..
and if you don't like the default combo colours, just change them to your own liking.

However, this request still stands I guess. This was just one solution to a problem.
theowest
This guy provided us with a pretty cool example

haha5957 wrote:

for example, even my own beatmap : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25271

has dark color BG, and dark approach circle so fading out BG won't help. Only way to improve its visibility is to actually replace the BG with bright color . Some beatmaps use White + Black Circle with whiteish background, which makes circle reading kinda bit frustrating regardless of faded out or not.

I temporarily use green-color background for those maps by replacing the jpg file but I don't think this is what peppy wants (and something that might not be possible in future).

Maybe add something like this?

Osu! already allows us to fade our background out to black color, and why not to other colors? some approach circles are just very hard to read with default background or black background.
Yarissa
Another idea would be customizing the background it fades to. Maybe a background.png in the skin folder, or something?

The colors should be completely customizable
Sakisan
Okay my thread was locked because it's a duplicate of this.
How about setting the background dim color in the default settings or in the skin file?
Maybe even use a dim "image" to replace the other background image

I don't think it should be the mappers choice, but the players choice.
fartownik
I bump this because @Sakisan is exactly what I wanted to propose. Dimming into different colors than black would be awesome. Some players prefer to play using lighter shades, such as grey or even white (look SiLviA for example), I also find this particularly useful in some maps. Adding a little option to set the color in the graphics menu won't hurt anyone, especially when we can already disable the specific map skin in the fun spoiler.
AmaiHachimitsu
I want it implemented too!
deadbeat

Sakisan wrote:

Okay my thread was locked because it's a duplicate of this.
>locked
what o.O
Legxis
I personally find that I can't play well on 100% dim, I'd rather have it all be white than black, so that option would be nice, I agree.
Granger
Bumping because this: p/3936686

Please add this to the game.
Norr
Just as a setting in the settings menu or in the skin you're using would be great, especially for players like rrtyui who replaces the background of beatmaps to change the background color.
Rawwrr
I'm supporting you! If we could use a white background DIM with black notes, it would be so amazing :D
Ringating
yes please, it would be nice to be able to dim to white and have black skin elements.
show more