forum

Money Deluxe - Funk Factory

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skyripper
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 1:10:16 AM

Artist: Money Deluxe
Title: Funk Factory
Source: In the Groove, ITG
Tags: itg in the groove funk factory money deluxe
BPM: 130
Filesize: 3367kb
Play Time: 01:47
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.84 stars, 150 notes)
  2. Expert (4.94 stars, 288 notes)
  3. Medium (4.37 stars, 195 notes)
Download: Money Deluxe - Funk Factory
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is one of my favourite songs from ITG2 (In the Groove 2). I tried to stay true to what I remember from the step file, but I adapted it at certain parts since this IS a completely different game.

Offset - 5518
BPM - 130

Distance snapped. 0.5x on easy, 0.8x on mediuml, and 0.6x on expert.

I've included a few custom skins I whipped up; most noteably a spinner and a hit circle. I tried to capture the essence of the 'cel' note skin from ITG

Made medium a little more consistant with space and expert a little more consistant with phrase endings

Rolled : Took down the offset to 5518
Sinistro: Fixed spacing in Easy and Expert and added hitsounds galore for all 3 difficulties
DawnII: I fixed your things
Topic Starter
Skyripper
My easy and medium scores...

Topic Starter
Skyripper
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
Hopefully that offset fix will fix the 1/8th problem you had. 5520, in case you lost it. (You may actually be able to get away with a BIT earlier)

Afterwards, this is a really great map. There are a few minor errors that only come with experience, so I'll point a few out to you.

Hard:
00:38:17 (5) - This should be placed closer to the slider before it, since it's only a quarter beat away.
01:20:75 (7) - Either highlight this slider and press Ctrl + R, or make this slider it's own combo. BAT's are going to have to crack down on little spacing things like this lately due to some drama involving ranking criteria.
01:34:13 (1) - You could place this further, but due to the new combo it's technically fine.

Otherwise though, excellent job. Send this off to Pending so it can get the attention it deserves. Starred.

I look forward to seeing some more maps by you.
Topic Starter
Skyripper
I took your ideas and put them into effect and tweaked up medium. XD

Thanks for all the help!
Rolled
Very well done, as I've said before. Expert is spotless, other than 00:38:17 (5). The 5 should be a lot closer to the slider end, possibly stacked to it.

Normal fluctuates in spacing a bit, which isn't a very good habit to get in to. For this it's easy enough to read that I wont make further mention to it.
Although, some thing(s):
01:32:52 (2) - The tail to this sounds like it was cut short. Extend it 1/4
00:18:90 (3) - also this. Make it a bit further
00:19:71 (2) - This could be also further, but depending on where you place the blue 3 behind it, it may not have to be.
00:37:13 (2) - Make this consistant with the combo, ie place it closer to 1.

Easy does the same bit of fluctuating, but even easier to read so again not commenting on it. It's important that you remain consistent with spacing in any given combo, though.
00:22:59 (2) - For example. Make sure the 1, 2, and 3 are all equidistant.
01:39:44 (1) - Could be a bit closer. Almost looks like it could be a full beat away atm. Stacking the notes would work, or just make it the same spacing as in 00:17:05 (1,2,3) for example.
01:42:44 (1) - Could be further to so users know it's actually a full beat away. Either that, or place the previous stream of sliders closer to one another.

That's all. May seem like a lot, but it's all easily fixable. Upon these fixes and you'll see a bubble :)
Topic Starter
Skyripper
Changes made. I don't know how I missed a few of those. XD

I guess that's what BATs are for
Topic Starter
Skyripper
Okay, fixed a bunch of spacing I noticed. :S
Sinistro
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Skyripper
Changes made and then some
Sinistro
DawnII
Topic Starter
Skyripper
FIXED, meanie pants ;)

:!:
Rolled
Detective Tuesday
This is tight, one of the best songs offa' ITG2. You did a really good job at making a hitcircle close to the Cel noteskin, mega props on that one.