forum

Lordi - Hardrock Hallelujah

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Machu_old
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, November 19, 2007 at 5:49:22 PM

Artist: Lordi
Title: Hardrock Hallelujah
BPM: 123
Filesize: 8618kb
Play Time: 03:10
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.86 stars, 146 notes)
  2. Normal (2.3 stars, 230 notes)
  3. Hard (3.65 stars, 343 notes)
Download: Lordi - Hardrock Hallelujah
---------------
This is my first beatmap. I've tried programming games myself, but making rhythm games from scratch is mind boggling. If I made my own rhythm game, I was totally going to make an EBA/Ouendan style game using the keypad, and I really wanted to use this song. I even had a story scenario planed out, though it's a bit... political, so I won't say it unless people are really curious. Just wanted to say that this program rules, and I'm sure to try more songs in the future: most likely other songs I wanted to put in my theoretical rhythm game.

UPDATE: There is now an easy mode, and the maps have been rearranged so that each chorus is a new shape.
Manabeast
Oh, Lordi. Like a less disturbing Gwar, you haunt my dreams of Europe.

Uh, I think it's pretty well timed, but beat-wise, it's really repetitive. All the choruses except the last are the same. I like how you switched up the last one; don't be afraid to throw new patterns at us!

'sides that, I think it works great.
Echo
Great work! I agree with Manabeast about the choruses. I suggest you at least flip/rotate the second chorus. Other than that, no obvious problems that I can see.

*starz*
Fraeon
Yeah, the above mentioned variety would be nice.

Otherwise, no problems here either.
Topic Starter
Machu_old
I'm not sure if anyone missed it or not, but I've taken the commentary and remade some of the sections to make it repeat less. I've noticed, however, that the actual Ouendan and EBA games use that repetition, which is why I tried it that way originally. Also, Easy mode added. Real easy.

So, what are my chances of this getting ranked?
awp
It was good when I first ran through it...now I have to do so again? Fine, fine.
peppy
Wow... this needs some ranking....
alexlp14
This map must be edited again!
alexlp14

peppy wrote:

Peppy, this map must be edited again. In Normal and Hard mods, a lot of objects are not adjusted. Please check it with AI mod and you will see.
Thanks
Lach

alexlp14 wrote:

peppy wrote:

Peppy, this map must be edited again. In Normal and Hard mods, a lot of objects are not adjusted. Please check it with AI mod and you will see.
Thanks
That's not how this works. Use local offset if the objects are out of sync with the music. Or just play a more err... Recent map.