forum

unlisted/private beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +30
Topic Starter
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
a feature to hide a map from your profile or just make it unlisted and able to share it with the beatmap link, like on youtube

also useful for syncing map progress in a large collab or set without releasing it to the public before it's ready
abraker
Will be abused by mappers and prob result in an underground beatmap sharing network. That's kinda already the case with unsubmitted maps, but I am not a fan of pros keeping maps to themselves and this will encourage that so much more. It's like the situation with exclusive o2jam material or even osu skins for that matter.
Euphi
  1. "Will be abused by mappers and prob result in an underground beatmap sharing network. That's kinda already the case with unsubmitted maps, but I am not a fan of pros keeping maps to themselves and this will encourage that so much more."

You think they will go through the trouble of playing offline for those maps? If yes then what's the difference to unsubmitted maps? Someone could make a nice map and keep it to themselves because they don't want to share it, like people craft practice/ warmup maps very often and they don't get shared. I don't see a problem with that

For me, I have often encountered problems on my WIP maps that need to be resolved before I go on, since I would risk repeating the mistake and then having to redo the whole map. Since I am against uploading unfinished maps I like this request. It would allow me to show my maps to someone else and consult them without uploading my unfinished work publicly
abraker
In that case unlisted/private beatmaps should expire within a day for non supporters and a week for supporters.
realy0_
yes but the beatmap should return into it's "unuploaded" state after a week or a few days at least
Pachiru
I don't see how it's different from unsubmitted beatmaps.
abraker

Pachiru wrote:

I don't see how it's different from unsubmitted beatmaps.

Normally people have to upload to dropbox or use some other file hosting service, and that can be hassle. This make it too easy. Most of the good mania maps are either graveyard or unsubmitted, but I worry with this there would be way more good private only select players will be able to play.