forum

Click & show rank

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
ShenPlaysOSU
Click & show rank

Its basically where you rightclick on your current score and you can see where you are in the leaderboard and other peoples scores,

Example

If you were rank 1234 you could see 1235, 1236, 1237, etc.
Death
Not sure how useful this is when you can just see what position you got after the map ends...

This would also probably require having the score values for every score on the map you are playing? That's in the tens of thousands of scores to retrieve for some maps. Doesn't seem like something that would ever happen to be honest.

Seems like a pretty big change, so at the very least this will probably never happen in the current client. I'd say this should be requested here but I'm not even sure if the leaderboard displays in game yet and that's certainly something that would come before this.
abraker

Death wrote:

This would also probably require having the score values for every score on the map you are playing? That's in the tens of thousands of scores to retrieve for some maps. Doesn't seem like something that would ever happen to be honest.
The leaderboard database should be able to query by score,acc, or combo ranges if it doesn't already, as well as have every recorded score entry also hold value fields indicating the difference between it and previous and next score. That would enable this request by querying what ever the score is +/- some amount determined by those differences.
Death
I guess? But you can't make assumptions in differences if you want this to work fully every time. It is possible to run into a situation where the range you are limiting the query to will not get enough scores (pre-abraker edit). Needing to recalculate differences in a few rows every time a score submitted also seems awful (would be needed if differences were stored).

You could probably use a LIMIT/OFFSET if you get the index of where the current score would be located, but I'm not sure if querying every time a user right clicks in the middle of a game is a great idea anyway.

Regardless of whether or not this is feasible, that still doesn't change the fact that this would likely never happen in the current client.
abraker

Death wrote:

It is possible to run into a situation where the range you are limiting the query to will not get enough scores
Yea never mind that. You would need to search for closest value, which is a costly operation. I think that's enough to make it available to supporter only.

Death wrote:

Also not sure if querying every time a user right clicks in the middle of a game is a great idea.
You are querying every time you switch a map in song select and have rankings leaderboards displayed

Anyway, yea this is a suggestion best for lazer: https://github.com/ppy/osu/issues
(Death's link is easier to miss ;))
Death
It takes time to return values, even if the query is extremely fast (which it probably won't be if an offset is used) you would end up right clicking and then waiting for a noticeable amount of time before anything changes. Especially if your internet isn't the best. If you've ever played on crappy internet you might notice that it can take quite a bit for the leaderboards to be returned when you switch maps.
Topic Starter
ShenPlaysOSU
I guess it would be quite hard for the game to process all the scores, it would slow down EVEN if the game ran fast (thanks Death) and also I agree abraker, it should be osu!supporter only as this is very hard to program and, yeah. so, thanks for the feedback and ideas!

-Shen