forum

[duplicate] NoFail Mod should be unranked

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
TheAzureWolf
Most beginners use this mod as a way to test out maps that they usually can't pass yet due to their lack of skill and gameplay. While the mod does produce good results (I also used to use it a lot when I was new to the game and wanted to explore) as it allows the mentioned player to try out the harder parts of the certain map. The mod is often mistaken to be used for purposes such as to see what's ahead of the part of that map where you failed, and not to fail at a really hard map. I was halfway to posting this request when I saw another similar post on the forum (sorry for disregarding the forum rule about posting about a similar topic) with this comment made by 'awp' saying :

"I think it's unnecessary to make it unranked. If you need NoFail, you're going to have a garbage score anyway (unless the map has over-the-top drain or is so difficult it shouldn't have been ranked in the first place) so denying someone a score that they'll beat easily by downing a bottle of rum and stepping down to [Hard] seems kind of pointless."

Getting a really bad score is out of the question, getting a 0.50x score multiplier. Keep in mind that I am not complaining about the gameplay itself, but the results in the long run. Take for example, this forum titled where Loves said that anyone, LITERALLY ANYONE can pass the infamous Big Black and Freedom Dive with this mod. The player would pass, along with the bad score and accuracy.

As for me, I have become better at the game with this mod! I have praised it at the time, but seeing as my hit accuracy is 87.78% at the moment I am writing this post, I have realized its negative outcome. Unfortunately, I have this record at Kokou no Sousei (CHAOS) with me achieving the score 98,592 and 19.52% accuracy with the NF mod. That single record (along with some JoJo beatmap NF records) makes it a pain in the butt to raise my accuracy (for context, I played it on multiplayer when I was new because I use the multiplayer function to get new songs; and I did not play the game, I just watched the accuracy go down)

So if anything, it would be best to make the mod unranked. The me who was a beginner should've played EZ mod if I only knew that it gives me 3 lives.

Credits to the other forum posts:
"No Fail should be unranked" https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/8772
"Not considering No Fail in the pass statistics!" https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/134400
abraker
Well first, this is a duplicate. You should have posted this in one of the threads you linked.

Second, there is a nice read you should take a look at here: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/903645 The request is not particularly about making NF unranked, but it touches many of the points that would be touched when discussing this request as well.
Topic Starter
TheAzureWolf
So getting a 19.52% on a beatmap is still considered a pass? Darn, that score just hinders me to get at least 90% accuracy. I've even made it up to 89.7x% now but the accuracy won't move anymore.