forum

[invalid] Native MacOS version of the Game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +22
Topic Starter
SevenChords
The main reason i am asking for this is that
1. osu lazer has a native MacOS version of the game available, so it shouldn't be too difficult to make one for the old client, and
2. any iteration of wine uses the tccd process with up to 746% CPU usage (no, i didn't forget a dot in the number, uses almost all 8 cores to 100%) and the wine developer has abandoned wine and wineskin, and tccd (normally handling contacts and calender) taking up pretty much the full CPE results in huge performance issues, regular game crashes and half the time the game doesn't even start on slightly older macs.
please, give us the native mac version, wine is becoming more unusable by the day, virtual machines are even worse game performance wise, and i just want to play the game like everyone else, without having to spend around 500$-1000$ for a windows pc, since everything else i need works fine on mac and some programs i use don't have any windows support, osu is the only thing i use that doesn't have mac support, and nowadays cross system support should be standard, and many other games do in fact have native mac versions, and it's becoming more and more common for steam games as well.
Swordians
That's why it's being added in Lazer? I don't think a native Mac version is as simple as you think with the old infrastructure or we might already have one. Afaik, Lazer is a total rebuild from the ground up.

Also, I never had any of the stated issues with Osu running on any of my Macs using Wineskin*, and both Wine and Wineskin are in development still (albeit they have different devs! Wineskin is sort of an extension of Wine, to make it easier to use).
https://www.winehq.org/ - last release was 3 days ago
http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php - last release was 2 years ago, but several year gaps between updates are common here as updates are only needed to keep up with the OS really.
EDIT: It *does* look like Wineskin is partially abandoned? There are other similar programs though, and you should be able to set it up with just Wine if you're decent enough with Wine.

I also don't know why you're blaming tccd? Mine stays at flat low usage even playing Osu. You probably have a different issue than you think, honestly. I also suggest recreating your Wineskin wrapper for Osu, possibly looking up what the current recommend settings are, since they may have changed since you created it. (Be sure to rescue your settings and beatmaps from the old wrapper!)

*I do have some lag. but I often leave other programs open and it's not like I have a ~top of the line~ gaming laptop. I watched memory usage and the highest I could get my Osu usage to go to... was 70%. On the same scale as the number you quoted too, since total usage only spiked to about... 15%.
Flanster
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/454006
Do not request ports.
We need people to make them, contact peppy ( pe@ppy.sh ) if you're willing to make one.

All focus is on osu!lazer which supports crossplatform.