forum

I help with rhythm choices

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OneTrueDuceOK
New mapper here trying to map some anime songs

I learned how to use the editor and such, got my timing good, and... I now have a mind block or something

You see for section of the songs that have heavy drum and stuff I have a good feeling of its sense of rhythm and can map it. But when it comes to sections where there is no clear sound of rhythm (or mixed instrument sound), I am stuck. Some people told me to try to copy my favorite map's rhythm and it's style so I tried to do that. But when I got in the maps I like, I just can't understand its rhythm choice well. For example, in maps like Braver and MIIRO vs. Ai no Scenario I just don't understand why some vocal parts that have jumps and slider, well, have jumps and slider on it when it sounded like the vocal doesn't really match with it (for example, when the singer is singing a long vocal that doesn't sound like the rhythm of jumps, there are jumps and slider there). I mean, I liked its rhythm and it sound like it flowed together in other people's map, but when I try to follow t he example, but I am just empty minded on what to do, I can't find the rhythm or map the jumps and sliders.
xonikn
lol same jsjs its been a long but did you find out what to do?
Ashton
It is best to not over complicate things. The more you map the better you will be at being able to almost instinctively find a good rhythm for a map. Just try to listen to the song, find what sounds are the loudest, and map those.

The rule of thumb is; make the most prominent or the loudest beats in your song clickable (beginning of silders or circles), the more subtle or quieter beats passive (slider ends), and use sliders to represent held vocals/sounds. Of course each song is different so it is impossible to tell you an exact science to finding rhythm. If you would like you can message me in game and send me one of your beatmaps so I can assist you with rhythm.