forum

[resolved] Login without admin privileges

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iLotus-
Problem details:
I am trying to play osu on my office(job) computer, its an domain windows account and it doesnt have administrator privileges. The point is, when I try to login into my account it tells me I have to verify my identity but when I clic the popup, Windows 10 tells me that I dont have enough permission to do that.

So, I know this is a security thing, but is there a way to pass it?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Blue box Traduction: The system administrator blocked this app.
Image link: https://imgur.com/CGhNquI

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Death
Probably not. I don't believe there is another way to verify your account, and whatever is being done is just being blocked by Windows.
Topic Starter
iLotus-

Death wrote:

Probably not. I don't believe there is another way to verify your account, and whatever is being done is just being blocked by Windows.

And is there a way to a moderator allows my computer or something like that?
Nigrod
I don’t think so. Your windows is blocking you not osu! Servers.
Death
No. Considering Windows is blocking whatever is being done, I have more than a slight suspicion it's something that can't be done without physical access to your computer (and the correct permission level).

You can send an email to accounts@ppy.sh and ask, but with what I just said, I'd consider it unlikely that they can do anything.
Topic Starter
iLotus-

Death wrote:

No. Considering Windows is blocking whatever is being done, I have more than a slight suspicion it's something that can't be done without physical access to your computer (and the correct permission level).

You can send an email to accounts@ppy.sh and ask, but with what I just said, I'd consider it unlikely that they can do anything.

I will consider to contact with them, thanks. But, atm I am trying osu!lazer and it connected without problems!
Do you know where are the beatmaps for osu!lazer?
Nigrod
I believe if you go into options in laser, and then you scroll to the bottom there should be a button that says something like “Import osu beatmaps”.
Death
Beatmaps are not stored the same way they are on the current version of the game, so you can't really access them the same way.
Topic Starter
iLotus-

Death wrote:

Beatmaps are not stored the same way they are on the current version of the game, so you can't really access them the same way.

Then I cant use lazer as an alternative, thats sad :(
Death
You can still download and import beatmaps normally though...

You just can't access a "Songs" folder like you would be able to right now.

Also, if I understand your original issue correctly, you just can't verify your account, meaning you can't play online. But you can still play offline. Lazer doesn't have score submission, so unless you are just planning on talking in chat, you'd still essentially be playing offline.
Topic Starter
iLotus-

Death wrote:

You can still download and import beatmaps normally though...

You just can't access a "Songs" folder like you would be able to right now.

Also, if I understand your original issue correctly, you just can't verify your account, meaning you can't play online. But you can still play offline. Lazer doesn't have score submission, so unless you are just planning on talking in chat, you'd still essentially be playing offline.

thanks for the explaination about lazer.

And btw, I made it work! I just changed the default browser to chrome and it verified my account successfully.