forum

[resolved] Is Wacom Intuos Compatible with Osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RhythmBirb
Problem details:
Hi. My Huion tablet broke a while back and I want to get a new tablet. Something that is functional with Osu! and also isn't expensive.
I have been eyeing the Wacom Intuos. Is it compatible with Osu?
Here is the amazon page for the Intuos: https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-Touch-Tablet-CTH490AK/dp/B01MSJWRH1/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=wacom+intuos&qid=1552781334&s=electronics&sr=1-7

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Death
Yes, it works to my knowledge. However, I do know that specific tablet has been reported to have a significant amount of input lag, which makes playing the game slightly difficult.
GlaZe
As someone who has used the 490, I can tell you that it does have quite alot of input lag. I'm not sure how the Huion is but if you've never played with a tablet that dosen't have input lag then you probably wont notice it. Thats how it was with me anyway.. I didn't feel the lag until i got my 471.

If you really want the 490 though, you can tape, yes tape. Your pen nib down. for some reason this removes all input lag lol.
Sosteneshion

GlaZe wrote:

If you really want the 490 though, you can tape, yes tape. Your pen nib down. for some reason this removes all input lag lol.
I have never tapped my nip, I just installed the hawku drivers and it works just fine.

Death
That ms value is not input lag, that is your frame time.

I have heard the Hawku drivers do reduce the input lag considerably, but I've also heard there is still a bit in comparison to other tablets. Perhaps using that in combination with taping down your nib (or just dragging) is good enough for most.
Sosteneshion

Death wrote:

That ms value is not input lag, that is your frame time.

I have heard the Hawku drivers do reduce the input lag considerably, but I've also heard there is still a bit in comparison to other tablets. Perhaps using that in combination with taping down your nib (or just dragging) is good enough for most.
I literally just tapped my nib rn to make sure, if it was going to help or nah, and it didn't change anything for me, instead it looked like my cursor was somehow locked sometimes
Death
Not sure what you mean by locked. I don't have a 490 so I can't test myself. All I know is some people, who do have the tablet, have made mention that even using hawku's drivers, the inputs still felt delayed in comparison to other tablets.
Sosteneshion

Death wrote:

Not sure what you mean by locked. I don't have a 490 so I can't test myself. All I know is some people, who do have the tablet, have made mention that even using hawku's drivers, the inputs still felt delayed in comparison to other tablets.
I am gonna be getting a 480 at the end of the month. I gonna make sure to compare them, because somehow the 490, at least mine, works just fine.
Maybe getting a good 490, is like winning a lottery.
Topic Starter
RhythmBirb
Well thank you guys for all your replies :D
Mine is the Huion H610 Pro. But as I said, it's broken. I'll just get the Intuos to draw, since it's compatible with PaintTool SAI.
I'll test out the Intuos on Osu and see how it runs. I don't wanna have to get 2 tablets for seperate things.
Again, thanks for all the replies.