forum

Timing in rhytmically difficult songs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BrokeMyFingers
Hey, quick question about timing.

So I've started mapping a song that's rhytmically quite challenging and a lot of the beats fall on 16/ths.
At first I didn't know about the beat snap divisor so I just quadrupled the bpm to have timing points to snap to.
So after a while i noticed the beat snap divisor and what it did, however it recommended me to not use 1/16th ever.
So should I just ignore the warning and map with 120bpm 1/16ths or 240bpm 1/8ths or just keep going at 480bpm 1/4ths...
already tried 240bpm 1/8ths but it messes up all the sliders so I'd have to redo those, I'd appreciate some confirmation on it before I have to redo more.
Thanks in advance for any help.
thewhitewhale
I'd like to hear the song you're mapping. If it needs to snap to 240 bpm 1/8ths, it's probably either because the map isn't timed properly or because the song was not performed to a metronome, in which case it's probably more beneficial to make sacrifices to exactly matching the song in order to have something playable.
Topic Starter
BrokeMyFingers
Thank you for the response.
The song is Malice by the band Cilice.
The reason i need 240bpm 1/8th's is because the impact of the rhythm partially falls exactly on the 8ths a lot of the time.

Edit: I think i found the problem. the first beat is off by just a little and on the second it's hard to hear exactly if it starts 1/4th later than the first beat or just a bit later. So i kinda messed that up. Managed to find the right offset now and everything fits. thanks for helping though. =3