forum

New tablet maybe???

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FlandreScarlet0
thinking about upgrading my tablet to a wacom ctl 480? but i dont know if it is a good tablet?
Vuelo Eluko
cth/ctl-460/470/480 are all well vetted and proven Wacom tablets. Do your research well before investing in the newer models from Wacom though; some require hacked drivers to have tolerable latency and some (*cough* ctl-490 *cough*) have anemic hover distance that basically forces you to drag.

In other words, yes. The ctl-480 is a good tablet. However, if you already have a 460 or 470 there is not much point to upgrading as those are also good. There is little difference between them. I believe the 480 has the highest hover distance among the 3 models but the other 2 are quite generous with it as well to the point it'd be hard to tell them apart and there's plenty of top players using all 3.

If you are now using a Huion such as the osu!tablet they are are also proven to be good, but I would say if you find the battery pen to be a hassle or you don't like the feel of the pen in your hand it's worth considering. Just don't be under any preconceptions that 'upgrading' your tablet is going to make you better at the game.
JoTheFunny
It's good tablet.
Carmlillball
l use Huion. In my experience, Wacom wires break way too easily.
Vuelo Eluko

Carmlillball wrote:

l use Huion. In my experience, Wacom wires break way too easily.
what are you doing to it? Mine has sat on my desk for 5 years and it's fine.