forum

Displaying more map info (via small black box)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
winber1
As per request by theowest for me to post this:

This can work for two threads I saw:
t/86421 (more Objects information)
t/83847 (more BPM information)

Maybe can work for other things but I haven't really been stalking feature requests.

So the basic idea is that when you hover over BPM or Objects, a small black box (similar to the one that appears when you hover over one of the top ranks) would appear that just shows more information that people may want to know:

For BPM: It can just show all BPM sections. I don't really know how it would be notated (perhaps: "180,120,200" or maybe "180/120/200" or something else). I think leaving the official BPM as the highest one used in the map is fine, for sorting purposes and such, but if you hover over it you will be able see all other sections if applicable.

For Objects: It can just show max combo, and whatever other extra info people would like to see. In fact, you could even put "Circles, Sliders and Spinners" inside that box as well as max combo. Or not.

The only problem I see with BPM is that some maps have a ton of BPM changes, sometimes due to the song being not at a stable tempo (i.e. http://osu.ppy.sh/s/27224) and showing all the tempos doesn't really make sense. So perhaps if you hover over BPM it may just show a BPM range (i.e. 120-200), but maybe you guys can discuss it further.

This probably can solve a few issues people had in the two threads listed.

Sorry, I don't have pictures ._.
Sakura
You do know it's better to keep 1 feature request per thread right?
Topic Starter
winber1
I never journey here. theowest just told me to make a new post about it, so I was like... umm... ok why not.

don't hurt me D:
Sakura
t/1640

chan wrote:

4. Keep to one request per topic.
theowest
But it is one feature request. It's simply to add one black box when hovering over the beatmap information to give you MORE information. 2 of these informations could be the feature requests listed.

This is just a feature request which would work together with them.
Wishy
OD, CS and AR should be displayed In-Game. I mean we get lots of data that, I think, most people don't really care about (why would I care about how many sliders a map has?) but still got to go to the map's webpage to see what's it's OD/CS, AND we got TO GO TO EDIT to see the AR. Looks like a joke to me tbh. :P

I think it is time to update what information is displayed about each map into the game, most people (I think) care about:

Length.
BPM.
AR.
OD.
CS.

And not really about how many sliders/objects/spinners the map has.
theowest

Wishy22 wrote:

OD, CS and AR should be displayed In-Game. I mean we get lots of data that, I think, most people don't really care about (why would I care about how many sliders a map has?) but still got to go to the map's webpage to see what's it's OD/CS, AND we got TO GO TO EDIT to see the AR. Looks like a joke to me tbh. :P

I think it is time to update what information is displayed about each map into the game, most people (I think) care about:

Length.
BPM.
AR.
OD.
CS.

And not really about how many sliders/objects/spinners the map has.
I agree. I even think showing the max combo is much more useful.

Is that related to this?
woc2006
Not this one, but i already calculated BPM range and display it. As for AR/OD/CS, wait till osz2 then i add them in.
Last Remnant_old
I support the idea, especially display of AR, OD and CS ingame, would be of great use to help players choose map suitable to their likes