forum

Current Mapper Ranking in the Userpage-Beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

Yes, Osu! have a Mapper Ranking But without a ''MapperBrowser'', etc.. I think add a Image with the Ranking and Statistics, like the image of the CurrentPerformance, can be a great Idea =w=

This image can Have..
  1. Name of the Beatmapper
  2. Number of Ranked Maps
  3. Number of Pending Maps or Unranked Maps
  4. Number of Graveyard Maps or Unranked Maps
  5. Score
  6. Statistics (Like the Statistics of the CurrentPerformance for Show the Progress)
The MapperRanking can change too ^^ Can have more Detailed Types of Organization.. The Models can be:
  1. Ranked Maps
  2. Unranked Maps (Graveyard and Pendings Or separated too)
  3. Score or Rating
  4. Followers (or Performance)
  5. Browser for view your Ranking or the Ranking of yours Friends
How Improve the Mapper Ranking:
- Only a Score? For the points when the map is ranked? (You know.. When you play a map and osu! says.. ''Please take a second to rate this Beatmap by clicking a Star below!'') ... What happend with the ''Trolls'' or the ''Haters'' .. I think osu! can add This Feature request. And The MapperRanking can be about the ''Followers'' Of the Mapper ^^
  • Shiirn wrote:

Mapping is like any RPG, except it's purely social:

You level up by talking to people, making maps, getting mods, and getting friends. Your level increases as you make more friends and make more maps, earning experience.

You earn your fame.
    ^ So awesome ;w;
- Osu! really need Improve in a lot of Things.. And this can be one.. The Mapping is not only Make a Bad or Good BeatMap.. Is like the CtB, Like The Taiko, Like the osu!Standard.. Nothing compares to a Mapping a song.. When you love that song.. The Mapping is more than a art.. Everyone has their way of Mapping.. And should be happy to map out what you like. ^^

Please.. Add Opinions about this ^^)/
Changelog!
  1. Same Day of Post
    -Added a New Idea for the MapperRanking in the Browser! ^^
Supports!
iMercurial
Kurokami
[2]
Special Things! (Questions, Good Opinions & Stuffs!)
Same Day of Post
  1. Look the page 1.. huh
Mercurial
If you go into the editor, then go to test it, it shows you the max score... why not PP too?

Support.
Sakura

iMercurial wrote:

If you go into the editor, then go to test it, it shows you the max score... why not PP too?

Support.
It would be impossible to display pp in editor.
Kurokami
Not a bad idea, but .....
Anyways, support.
theowest

iMercurial wrote:

lol.

I think add a Image with the Ranking and Statistics, like the image of the CurrentPerformance, can be a great Idea =w=
That sounds pretty worthless.

I think osu! can add This Feature request. And The MapperRanking can be about the ''Followers'' Of the Mapper ^^
Yeah, maybe.

''Please take a second to rate this Beatmap by clicking a Star below!'')
Would be better if osu! just switched to likes/dislikes already!

You level up by talking to people, making maps, getting mods, and getting friends. Your level increases as you make more friends and make more maps, earning experience.

You earn your fame.
No. Mapping is not social. The only social thing about it, is getting it RANKED or approved or whatever. Spreading it to people and earn respect for it. Does social skill improve your mapping or any quality in the map? Hell no.

Hmm.. Why not just improve Mapper Ranking by adding more sort by's. Such as the stuff you listed? (name of the Beatmapper, number of Ranked Maps, number of Pending Maps or Unranked Maps, etc)

but it should be kept simple.
Unranked, ranked and rating.

But who would want to sort by unranked? It just shows that you're a big failure who can't rank beatmaps.
and it's already showing most ranked beatmap and rating (kind of) in the same sorting.

It would however be kind of cool to see different game-modes you're mapping. View taiko, ctb and osu! mappers. Just like seeing taiko, ctb and osu! players.
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

iMercurial wrote:

Support.
PP? I don't know what are you talking about.. I know ar Performance Points but in the Editor? Is Impossible. The PP Alwayas change..

theowest you edit your post :c

theowest wrote:

I think add a Image with the Ranking and Statistics, like the image of the CurrentPerformance, can be a great Idea =w=
That sounds pretty worthless. Worthless? Without arguments? x:

I think osu! can add This Feature request. And The MapperRanking can be about the ''Followers'' Of the Mapper ^^
Yeah, maybe.

Would be better if osu! just switched to likes/dislikes already! The Trolls & Haters will Still

You earn your fame.
No. Mapping is not social. The only social thing about it, is getting it RANKED or approved or whatever. Spreading it to people and earn respect for it. Does social skill improve your mapping or any quality in the map? Hell no. You Don't Understand.. We Don't are Talking about the quality of the Maps.. I can be a Fan of the Worst Mapper.. and I can like that.. This is don't about the Maps. This is About the Mapper. About her Union with the players, Fans, etc.. Don't take the words so much literally..

Hmm.. Why not just improve Mapper Ranking by adding more sort by's. Such as the stuff you listed? (name of the Beatmapper, number of Ranked Maps, number of Pending Maps or Unranked Maps, etc) Yes.. Maybe.. But that is not the point. This is perfect for the Player who are Beginning in the World of ''knowing Mappers''..

Unranked, ranked and rating. And Performance ;)

But who would want to sort by unranked? It just shows that you're a big failure who can't rank beatmaps.
and it's already showing most ranked beatmap and rating (kind of) in the same sorting. Some Persons like Map for Fun or Leisure.. xD.. So you're Bad. Says '' you're a big failure who can't rank beatmaps. '' Is Completely Bakka. Not because you have many maps Unranked you're a Failure.. Is Obviously. The Opinion is own.. And the Style too.. And the Desicion if the map Going to Ranked/App or not too..

It would however be kind of cool to see different game-modes you're mapping. View taiko, ctb and osu! mappers. Just like seeing taiko, ctb and osu! players. Add a SpecialMapper-Ranking? wat? Is Impossible.. The point.. when you classify a map on a scale of 1 to 10 you are Sorting the BeatMap. And not a Diff independently.. This can be Possible some day.. i think.. But atm.. The SpecialMappers can be Counts with the Fingers of the Hands..
Srry for The bad English ^^ Thanks for Post

Edit: For all types of tastes.. The MapperRanking can have List with
[Ranked Maps/Unranked Maps (Pending and graveyard or Separated too)/Score/Followers/Browser for view your Ranking or of yours friends ^^] For the MapperRanking. Not the Image.
theowest

DaxMasterix wrote:

theowest you edit your post :c Yeah, sorry about that.

That sounds pretty worthless. Worthless? Without arguments? x: Ok, sure. The arguments are that images with the ranking and statistics doesn't bring enough to the table. There's really no need for it there. Not enough value in it.

Yeah, maybe. Or maybe not.

Would be better if osu! just switched to likes/dislikes already! The Trolls & Haters will Still They cast their vote. Their vote is just as worth as mine. Even if there are more bad rating than good ones, the majority are never trolls or haters. I doubt trolls and haters even exist on osu! More like differences in what they like in music and such. There are always reasons to why people dislikes things. They just don't go around disliking things without any reason. They must seriously not like it before they dislike it. There are of course exceptions for some weird reason, but they hardly matter and isn't noticeable in any way.

No. Mapping is not social. The only social thing about it, is getting it RANKED or approved or whatever. Spreading it to people and earn respect for it. Does social skill improve your mapping or any quality in the map? Hell no. You Don't Understand.. We Don't are Talking about the quality of the Maps.. I can be a Fan of the Worst Mapper.. and I can like that.. This is don't about the Maps. This is About the Mapper. About her Union with the players, Fans, etc.. Don't take the words so much literally..
Oh I understand perfectly. Y'know why this is a bad idea? It means badly mapped songs will get rated highly because they have a large fan-based. But their MAPS which we're suppose to rate, actually suck. If someone's more popular, it means you will not get seen as easily as he is and this whole thing is very, very unfair.
Hmm.. Why not just improve Mapper Ranking by adding more sort by's. Such as the stuff you listed? (name of the Beatmapper, number of Ranked Maps, number of Pending Maps or Unranked Maps, etc) Yes.. Maybe.. But that is not the point. This is perfect for the Player who are Beginning in the World of ''knowing Mappers''.. Or just those who have good social contacts but no mapping skills..
[/color]
Unranked, ranked and rating. And Performance ;) Why performance?! What has that to do with mapping?

and it's already showing most ranked beatmap and rating (kind of) in the same sorting. Some Persons like Map for Fun or Leisure.. xD.. So you're Bad. Says '' you're a big failure who can't rank beatmaps. '' Is Completely Bakka. Not because you have many maps Unranked you're a Failure.. Is Obviously. The Opinion is own.. And the Style too.. And the Desicion if the map Going to Ranked/App or not too.. Instead of being praised for being a failure, try to overcome it and rank some beatmaps instead and actually get seen THAT way.

It would however be kind of cool to see different game-modes you're mapping. View taiko, ctb and osu! mappers. Just like seeing taiko, ctb and osu! players. Add a SpecialMapper-Ranking? wat? Is Impossible.. The point.. when you classify a map on a scale of 1 to 10 you are Sorting the BeatMap. And not a Diff independently.. This can be Possible some day.. i think.. But atm.. The SpecialMappers can be Counts with the Fingers of the Hands.. Oh yes. it would be awesome once difficulties are very independent. (future thought of mine)
Srry for The bad English ^^ Thanks for Post

Edit: For all types of tastes.. The MapperRanking can have List with
[Ranked Maps/Unranked Maps (Pending and graveyard or Separated too)/Score/Followers/Browser for view your Ranking or of yours friends ^^] For the MapperRanking. Not the Image.
My text

Conclusion? Should just be kept simple.

Actually, thinking about rating the beatmap for a second might be quite good. Players should take a second to relax from their recent play and should wait in order to rate it.
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

theowest wrote:

That sounds pretty worthless. Worthless? Without arguments? x: Ok, sure. The arguments are that images with the ranking and statistics doesn't bring enough to the table. There's really no need for it there. Not enough value in it. Depends what the statistics are Showing
Yeah, maybe. Or maybe not. Or maybe yes.

Would be better if osu! just switched to likes/dislikes already! The Trolls & Haters will Still They cast their vote. Their vote is just as worth as mine. Even if there are more bad rating than good ones, the majority are never trolls or haters. I doubt trolls and haters even exist on osu! More like differences in what they like in music and such. There are always reasons to why people dislikes things. They just don't go around disliking things without any reason. They must seriously not like it before they dislike it. There are of course exceptions for some weird reason, but they hardly matter and isn't noticeable in any way. Well.. we can't talk about this.. Peppy will change the Voting System

Oh I understand perfectly. Y'know why this is a bad idea? It means badly mapped songs will get rated highly because they have a large fan-based. But their MAPS which we're suppose to rate, actually suck. If someone's more popular, it means you will not get seen as easily as he is and this whole thing is very, very unfair. Oh men retry.. You don't understand.. xD Popular? yes.. maybe yes.. Some Popular Mappers have bad beatmaps [IMO] And have a lot of Likes only for fans.. But.. We all start in the same place.. And no matter if they are 1.000 Fans of A popular Mapper vs 1 fan of a Good but not known Mapper.. Because.. Matter if you're happy with what you've done ^^ And if you have Fans.. Good! They are fruits of a harvest
Hmm.. Why not just improve Mapper Ranking by adding more sort by's. Such as the stuff you listed? (name of the Beatmapper, number of Ranked Maps, number of Pending Maps or Unranked Maps, etc) Yes.. Maybe.. But that is not the point. This is perfect for the Player who are Beginning in the World of ''knowing Mappers''.. Or just those who have good social contacts but no mapping skills.. yess But i'm talking about when a noob says to himself ''Oh.. Who are the guy with more Ranked maps?.. I think he is the best Mapper'' Etc..

Unranked, ranked and rating. And Performance ;) Why performance?! What has that to do with mapping? Are the Fruits ^^ if you work for Years mapping how you like.. You will win some Friends/Fans/whatever in the Way ^^

and it's already showing most ranked beatmap and rating (kind of) in the same sorting. Some Persons like Map for Fun or Leisure.. xD.. So you're Bad. Says '' you're a big failure who can't rank beatmaps. '' Is Completely Bakka. Not because you have many maps Unranked you're a Failure.. Is Obviously. The Opinion is own.. And the Style too.. And the Desicion if the map Going to Ranked/App or not too.. Instead of being praised for being a failure, try to overcome it and rank some beatmaps instead and actually get seen THAT way. huh? I'm not talking about ''being praised for being a failure'' or ''Mapping a horrible map for fun'' That is not fun.. Im talking about Mapping a MADMap.. Maybe a meme.. or NND I don't know.. A map Obviously Unrankeable but you're mapping that for fun.

It would however be kind of cool to see different game-modes you're mapping. View taiko, ctb and osu! mappers. Just like seeing taiko, ctb and osu! players. Add a SpecialMapper-Ranking? wat? Is Impossible.. The point.. when you classify a map on a scale of 1 to 10 you are Sorting the BeatMap. And not a Diff independently.. This can be Possible some day.. i think.. But atm.. The SpecialMappers can be Counts with the Fingers of the Hands.. Oh yes. it would be awesome once difficulties are very independent. (future thought of mine) me too but retry.. Peppy will changes the Voting system.. Maybe will add it *w*

My text
My text

Conclusion? Should just be kept simple.

Actually, thinking about rating the beatmap for a second might be quite good. Players should take a second to relax from their recent play and should wait in order to rate it.
Conclusion? Be tolerant with all Mapping Styles.. But pay Attention when you're Viewing a MADMap..
btw.. theowest. I really like your Opinions and I respect your Points of Views.. But try see this Post more than BAD or GOOD
theowest
lol. Actually a pretty shitty discussion. So confusing to read and find stuff. I admit it, my points were not that great. I could have done better. Oh well..
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

theowest wrote:

lol. Actually a pretty shitty discussion. So confusing to read and find stuff. I admit it, my points were not that great. I could have done better. Oh well..
Hater.
theowest
I find your definition of Haters amusing.
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
I find your difinition of Failure amusing.
theowest
Unfinished beatmap are not suppose to be celebrated or made into some sort of competition.
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
Maybe that is Your thought.. dude' You have Graveyard maps.. feel you lost your time? was a Waste of time? a ''Failure''?
all the map have a history.. and not all the Maps uploaded going to Rank.. and btw.. Exist revive, delete, and the Remapping.
Don't confuse WIP with Complete Maps in Graveyard.
theowest
If you were to list by the amount of graveyarded beatmaps, some people would go to the top because they have a shit load of unranked beatmaps. What happens next? People want to reach that top too. Just like ranking normal beatmaps. and besides, who the hell wants to play unfinished beatmaps? They're unranked because the beatmap right now is not yet finished. I have graveyarded beatmap because I do not want to work with those beatmaps right now.
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

theowest wrote:

have a shit load of unranked beatmaps.
unfinished beatmaps
Wat?
Not all the BeatMaps in Graveyard are ''Unfinished''... Sometimes, the mapper have other things to make in her life. and Leave the map for revive it someday.. Now.. Not dependes of the Map. Depend of the Mapper. Because all maps without ''Unranked Stuffs'' can be ranked. Not import is the map is a shit. Don't think im saying ''i can make a shit map a rank it'' I like make good map, Or at least try to do.., But really stop saying ''Shit'' And ''Unfinished'' in the same Sentence. The discussion is About ''Why have a list in the MapperRanking of Unranked Maps''.. Maybe not. But the number of Unranked Maps aren't the Reflection of the mapper.. the same with the Numbers of Ranked Maps..
All cases are Individual.
theowest
Well they are unfinished if they're not yet ranked. They are missing BAT mods which would allow it to be ranked = not finished.

Only beatmaps good enough for being ranked should be able to be sorted = ranked beatmaps. (not containing anything unrankable)
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
For me.. Unfinished maps are WIP, Finished and Not ranked maps are.. Pending, And Finished and ranked/App maps are.. Rankeds or App. I don't know why you think Unfinished map are the same of... 'Not'ranked Map :/ well.. Everyone with an opinion..
theowest
They're obviously not completely the same thing. But they are unfinished no matter what (since they're not yet ranked/approved)
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
they are unfinished in a general context of all the Maps Uploaded. Rank it.. but is not necessary says ''just shows that you're a big failure who can't rank beatmaps. '' or ''Unfinished beatmap are not suppose to be celebrated'' or ''have a shit load of unranked beatmaps.'' :/ i have friends who have marvelous maps and can't rank it for Personal Problems, etc. retry.. All cases are Individual.. Now in your thought.. Unfinished maps are Unfinished Maps.. NO MORE. aren't a shit, Waste of time, Etc..
show more