forum

[resolved] SONGS FOLDER TRANSFER

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mystiena
Hi ^^
I just got a new PC and transferred my songs folder to it but it seems half of my maps are gone/won't upload or are left with only beat sounds.
I tried re-download, run as admin, f5 & what not.
Someone has another strategy?

Thanks in advance :)
Nigrod
Did you try moving your osu.db out of your folder then let your osu reprocess your maps?
Topic Starter
mystiena
Didn't work but it seems like I'll just have to upload the ones missing and after i reupload the ones without sound are activated after f5.... Pain in the bottom but here we go... Ty for replying.

Nigrod wrote:

Did you try moving your osu.db out of your folder then let your osu reprocess your maps?
Death
I'm pretty sure I've seen certain file transfer/file sharing services completely ruin beatmaps for one reason or another. So if you used something like that, it's a possible that something happened.

If the songs you are missing actually exist in your osu! folder, and you can play the audio files inside them normally, and the .osu files for each difficulty isn't corrupted in some way (it's just a text file), I don't see a reason that they wouldn't work though.
Topic Starter
mystiena

Death wrote:

I'm pretty sure I've seen certain file transfer/file sharing services completely ruin beatmaps for one reason or another. So if you used something like that, it's a possible that something happened.

If the songs you are missing actually exist in your osu! folder, and you can play the audio files inside them normally, and the .osu files for each difficulty isn't corrupted in some way (it's just a text file), I don't see a reason that they wouldn't work though.

I thought so, too and that's what left me confused. But every folder was okay and the ones that weren't able to transfer I'll just download again when I notice during hosts that I miss them.
It should be okay now with the re-uploads of the ones that are only left with beat sounds+f5 as I said.

Thank you for helping. If someone else had this problem I guess this is the only way. RIP our maps & good luck finding them :'D ~hang in there