forum

[Archived] Random drop in fps and added delay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
XVX Arcane
Problem details: After reinstalling osu, I noticed that the delay became a consistent 17ms while playing maps, and before reinstalling it was 8.5ms. In addition to the random delay, the framerate seems to have gone down significantly, to the point where even with reduce frame drop on, I can still sometimes see notes coming down on high bpm maps in mania. even weirder is that the framerate indicator in the bottom right shows no fps drop while the rest of the screen becomes chunky and slow. Does anyone have any insight as to what is causing this problem and how I can fix it? I'm running mac os mojave on a 2016 macbook pro. Note: THE much more stable version was on high sierra, only after updating and reinstalling did I get a bunch of problems. That might be it, although I Would have no clue why.

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Edit: After perusing the wiki, I realized that the annoying delay that's screwed all my timings was because of input lag, and after disconnecting the one usb with hdmi, mouse, and keyboard, I noticed much better timing. However, I still can't find a reason for the sudden framedrop.

osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Is your frame limiter on? (press f7)
Topic Starter
XVX Arcane

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Is your frame limiter on? (press f7)

my frame limiter is at 120 fps, and it doesn't go above 60 unless I stop everything for about 3 seconds