forum

[Archived] "Black box" when going in the editor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bekko
Hi!
I don't know why, but whenever i try to edit a beatmap, I always get this black box on the far right on the screen. It really messes up the alignment in everything and it makes mapping extremely difficult.

Pictures

Example of misalignments:

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20190112
Sosteneshion
that's because you're playing with widescreen , isnt it?
Topic Starter
Bekko

sosteneshion wrote:

that's because you're playing with widescreen , isnt it?

Ill try when i get back home

EDIT: I get the black box whenever im not in fullscreen e.g opening edit.
Doesn't matter what resolution im on
Sosteneshion
Your graphic card is set to keep the aspect ratio of the game, so you get black bar, those are not generated by osu!, try searching in the setting of your card if there is an option to stretch the image on the monitor. I really dont know what it could be, but if you still aren't able to take the bar off you should contact the support.
Death
This is not because of their aspect ratio. This is an issue that is most likely caused by compatibility mode. If you disable it the black bar on the right side should go away and everything will be aligned again.

sosteneshion wrote:

but if you still aren't able to take the bar off you should contact the support.
Not sure why this is your immediate suggestion when you don't know what the issue is. That's kind of what posting here is meant to avoid...
Sosteneshion

Death wrote:

Not sure why this is your immediate suggestion when you don't know what the issue is. That's kind of what posting here is meant to avoid...
yeah but I meant as a last recourse.

Like I said
I really dont know what it could be
If what I said doesn't happen to work, I guess he just needs to wait until someone reply to him on this thread then.