forum

[Archived] RPM capped at 150-200 for no reason

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Skrau
Hello, I'm a mouse/keyboard player sitting around 100k (was 80k, decayed a lot). I can currently spin about 300-350 RPM with 400dpi, but recently I've started to notice that my RPM randomly drops from 300 to around 150 RPM. This seems to happen for no apparent reason. It is really annoying cause it happens often and when I am far into the song. This results in 100's, 50's, and even misses on spinners. A near perfect run of a song can end up all going to waste just cause of this. I even had a case where a song had two spinners back to back. On the first one I was spinning at my normal 350 RPM but the second spinner dropped to around 150 RPM, resulting in a break. This is really annoying, any help is appreciated.
osu! version: Stable 20181231.2 (latest)
Tobias Leander
sounds like a mouse latency problem, what mouse do you have?
- if you have a wireless mouse make sure the power setting it set to high perfomance in your mouse software.
ImShilou
Can you attempt to replicate the problem in a video? Also what type of mouse are you using, and if applicable are you using their driver(s) updated to the newest version?
Topic Starter
Skrau
I'm using a Logitech G302. I will try to get a recording of it soon, although it happens very randomly.

Tobias Leander wrote:

sounds like a mouse latency problem, what mouse do you have?
- if you have a wireless mouse make sure the power setting it set to high perfomance in your mouse software.

ImShilou wrote:

Can you attempt to replicate the problem in a video? Also what type of mouse are you using, and if applicable are you using their driver(s) updated to the newest version?