forum

Total qualified/loved maps "pass" on player profile

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Crafterdark
Most players (like me) don't play qualified/loved maps, because:
1) Leaderboard reset
2) No pp (this one should always be like this imo)

So I suggest to add "Total qualified maps pass" and "Total loved maps pass" on the players profile to encourage people to play those maps to increase those values.
(Pass the map without difficulty reduction mods)

(I know, it's a minimal change, but I think it is a small incentive to play those categories)

A loved/qualified map pass will count only once (not sure if it is possible)

Why only pass and not FC/SS?
Loved maps can be impossible to FC/SS at all, instead a pass total would be more suitable for the (almost) whole section.
Also, this encourages average players (and not just top players) to play any map for that total, including hard qualified/loved maps.
DarkBird
Although I think that not playing qualified/loved maps for those 2 specific reasons doesn't make much sense I like your idea of having a "passed maps" stat in the user profile.

I would even add it for ranked maps since playcount isn't really that useful on giving information (you can just start retrying a map 100 times because you want to FC the first part).

That being said I would change the diff reduction mods part, we all know that EZ can make a map much harder even if it lowers OD so I would only discard NF plays.

As someone who loves playing challenging maps and tries to play a lot of different types of maps I really support this idea (it would make my playtime make a bit more of sense xD)
-Flashlight-
Qualified maps should give PP... dunno why it got removed in first place
abraker

-Flashlight- wrote:

Read this: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/846278
Aiseca

-Flashlight- wrote:

"Rank" and "Loved" has different meaningsin the simplest way possible. By those alone, you could've known that "Loved" wasn't designed for competition, it was designed for fun and creativity through experimentation. If Loved mapswould be granted to give performance points, then what's even the reason for rank section's existence anyways?
-Flashlight-

Aiseca wrote:

-Flashlight- wrote:

"Rank" and "Loved" has different meaningsin the simplest way possible. By those alone, you could've known that "Loved" wasn't designed for competition, it was designed for fun and creativity through experimentation. If Loved mapswould be granted to give performance points, then what's even the reason for rank section's existence anyways?

I said Qualified, not Loved.