forum

Changing the Essence of SpunOut

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cygnus
We all know that many people want the SpunOut to be unrankable or something after the major update the peppy has went through. Their reason is that there are some spinners that end up too early that SpunOut can't spin it with a 300 hit. Of course this is also a right reason for those who wanted to maintain their accuracy.

On the other hand, the supporters of the SpunOut being rankable says that SpunOut is only made for autospin, not to maintain your accuracy. And yes, they also have a reasonable answer. But this doesn't end all I believe. Some people also wanted to limit SpunOut from getting bonus spins and just get exactly 300 no matter how long the spinner appears (that includes me).

My idea here for SpunOut is different. Let us go between the option of the two sides. The other one just wanted to avoid the accuracy, while the other one, of course just wanted to tell the real essence of the SpunOut. So why not just remove the spinners when a user has their SpunOut mod on? This is one thing to avoid the dropping of your accuracy on short spinners and not getting too much scores on long ones.
Sakura
My view on the matter: If spunout is making you drop accuracy due to short spinners then dont use it?

Edit: If spinners are short enough to damage your accuracy with spunout then they're also short enough for you to spin them normally without getting tired.
fabriciorby
I do not have anything constructive to add to this thread.
Topic Starter
Cygnus

Sakura wrote:

My view on the matter: If spunout is making you drop accuracy due to short spinners then dont use it?

Edit: If spinners are short enough to damage your accuracy with spunout then they're also short enough for you to spin them normally without getting tired.
Yeah that's what i said too on some players who don't like it. But there are some people who doesn't want to add bonus score spins on SpunOut to avoid getting a SpunOut on the rank or something..
Mythras
If spinning hurts your hand or something, go to the doctor's office. Spun-out shouldn't even exist.
Azure_Kite
The way I see it, The accuracy, play count and total scores are representations of how long you've been playing the game how good you are, etc etc.

Now, in the past, with spun out being an unranked/unrecorded game mod, the majority of people I know using this mod were people using this to avoid bumping up their play count/accuracy.

Having a high play count isn't a bad thing.

Having fun and damaging your accuracy over a couple of "for fun" maps isn't a bad thing, either. People here see accuracy as some sort of direct indicator of skill or status or something, and IMO this needs to change. I myself support the removal of unranked status on spun out, due to the fact that skewing your playcount/accuracy isn't really fair considering the spread of the entire community.

ReVeNg3r wrote:

so now i can play my fl+hd+spunout,,or anything + spunout..
BUT what if i do not want to rank my score???i srsly dont wanna right now
then stop playin or what?(also i dont wanna logout o.o)

peppy wrote:

let me summarise your situation then:

options:
stop playing
logout
peppy
Please provide examples of SpunOut not getting a 300 and I will investigate. This is a bug though, not a feature requests.
Mismagius

peppy wrote:

Please provide examples of SpunOut not getting a 300 and I will investigate. This is a bug though, not a feature requests.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/132

This map is completely impossible to S-rank due to the spinners.
peppy
Any other maps? That one is an old (now unrankable) exception.
Something after 2010 would be nice
Lybydose
Spun out seems to spin differently for different people.

I've been in a multiplayer game with spun out enabled. At one break, everyone had 100% accuracy, but the scores were different due to spin bonus.

Note that this was probably 8-9 months ago, so I don't know if it's been changed since then.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
I had problems with that too just this day, whenever I encounter a lag, instead of getting a spinner bonus of 2,000 on this diff, i get 1,000. I already encountered this for 3 times, just this day.
JappyBabes
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/42234 You fail w/ spunout. You need at least 350ish constant to pass end spinner.
Topic Starter
Cygnus
That ain't a ranked map. :O
Aoko
1 sentence.

Increase the Spin rate number from 286 to something higher :<
JappyBabes

Philippines wrote:

That ain't a ranked map. :O
happy30. No demetori maps graved and the ones that are ranked are quite popular. One would assume it will be ranked.
theowest
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/2201
There's another ranked map with extremely hard spinners. There's only 3 S ranks on the top 40 online ranking.

There are plenty of unranked examples.

Some shitty old maps should get unranked.
Card N'FoRcE
THis is kinda a duplicate to my request from some time ago:
t/29196/hilit=spunout

My main point was HP drain though.
blissfulyoshi
Another old map example http://osu.ppy.sh/s/2267

From what I tested though, any map after the 2000 spin rule was implemented was fine (even 1000 spin worked in my test...barely (tested with http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7224))
theowest

Card N'FoRcE wrote:

THis is kinda a duplicate to my request from some time ago:
t/29196/hilit=spunout

My main point was HP drain though.
That makes much more sense than this feature request. Deny this one and continue discussion on your thread. (because it's better and all)
peppy
If it is ranked then I will consider changes. This means the map has to meet the ranked guidelines for spinners, though. I'm not yet sure it does.
show more