forum

[Archived] Bug plays random mp3 when pressing f5

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
were491
Problem Details:
when i hit f5 some random mp3 plays... no idea because it's not even on my disk, and sure as hell isn't a beatmap. when i click on it the game dies i don't understand.
now that i click it again (i did NOTHING but click f5 by the way) it doesn't happen.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20181221.4
Death
Can't you just right click on that and delete it? You didn't do that once throughout the entire video...

If it continually appears even after deleting it, please make sure you don't have anything in your Songs folder that isn't a beatmap (i.e. no loose files or anything else, just individual folders containing maps). If you find anything like that, just delete it.

On a related note, I'm curious as to why you seem to have a skin folder in your Songs folder. That should be in your Skins folder, not your Songs folder.
Topic Starter
were491
ok so, i don't have a single skin in my songs folder see below, and also I can't delete it (I tried after the video) it comes back
edit: ***I do have a skin apparently but it's in regular song's folder (the correct syntax in all the numbers and stuff, aka 5 numbers then the song, but no .osu files or anything)? how does this even get screwed up, I never put a skin in my songs folder and this isn't even a skin I installed? maybe it's from a random loose element in another skin but the map should never have had this skin in it as when I re dl'd it was gone...
Death
Based on the video you sent, it doesn't even look like this skin folder is inside another beatmap folder. It just kind of looks like it's sitting in your base Songs directory.

Maps can in fact have skinning elements inside them, but that folder is something else entirely.