forum

Force a Note to Have a Hyper Dash for CTB

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Cygnus
This is to allow us to insert a hyper dash on a note that is somehow hard or impossible to hit. Simple as that. :O
Kurokami
Not a bad idea, but this way the ctb modders need to mod the standard diffs too. Well, lets see what ppy will say to this idea. o.o
Nitojgrem
Interesting but crazy idea oO.... But I can think of the possibility that this would be abused >_>
Topic Starter
Cygnus

Nitojgrem wrote:

Interesting but crazy idea oO.... But I can think of the possibility that this would be abused >_>
if this ever happens, the map must not be ranked. (:
theowest

Philippines wrote:

Nitojgrem wrote:

if this ever happens, the map must not be ranked. (:
because..?
Topic Starter
Cygnus
well, it really depends on how it's abused. If a hyper dash was inserted even on fruits that are easy to catch, of course it must not be ranked.
theowest
Oh okay.
but this is more of a skilled. You shouldn't help players that have a hardest time catching fruit because they're not skilled enough. I mean, if it's impossible then it shouldn't be ranked.
LKs

Philippines wrote:

This is to allow us to insert a hyper dash on a note that is somehow hard or impossible to hit. Simple as that. :O
Don't really agree, an impossible fruit won't be allowed to appear in CTB ranked maps(If you've read CtB ranking criteria WIP). And hard to hit means it can be hit when you're skillful enough :3

Regarding your request actually gives me such an idea, how about add a "hyper dash is act here" prompt when we are mapping CtB specific maps. Currently we can only know that after testplay or calculate manually. Kinda inconvenient imo.
theowest

LKs wrote:

Philippines wrote:

Don't really agree, an impossible fruit won't be allowed to appear in CTB ranked maps(If you've read CtB ranking criteria WIP). And hard to hit means it can be hit when you're skillful enough :3

Regarding your request actually gives me such an idea, how about add a "hyper dash is act here" prompt when we are mapping CtB specific maps. Currently we can only know that after testplay or calculate manually. Kinda inconvenient imo.
Exactly. It's like adding automatically have an easy mod because you're not skilled enough for harder notes.

That other idea makes more sense.
Nitojgrem
Yeah, LKs has a good point there. There aren't fruits "impossible" to hit (Trollmaps etc. don't count). These "pixeljumps", how they are often called", are just really hard to catch - so you need skill. That a map with (lots of) these jumps gets ranked is... I would say it has a probability of.. 0. We have the modders to prevent that.
Your idea would mean a lot more work to modders because they have to look on each circle and slider with a hyperjump if it is ok or not...
Topic Starter
Cygnus
Jumps like those in StrangeProgram are the ones i'm pertaining to.

And yes, I agree with your opinion LKs. Go and make a new thread about it. Totally supporting that one. :D
theowest
and they cannot be unranked. osu! difficulties aren't made for CtB so there has to be some sort of solution to this somehow.

Change the way osu! maps are made into CtB maps? Like too many impossible notes creates sliders in taiko
Deif

theowest wrote:

and they cannot be unranked. osu! difficulties aren't made for CtB so there has to be some sort of solution to this somehow.
AKA CTB specific diffs
Mercurial
By the CtB Guidelines... A high number of hyper dashes isn't fun to play... not unrankable but ugly at the end.
theowest

Deif wrote:

theowest wrote:

AKA CTB specific diffs
reboot ctb scores. oh gosh
Kurokami
Its not hard to place a note to have hyper dash. Or if the whole mapping area is not enough then I not use on that note. Its simple and easy. This request is unnecessary.
Drafura
transforming a pixel jump to hyperdash : 1 grid left.

For the other cases it will be pretty ugly.

I don't support.
dolljoints
Hyperdash is relative to distance and rhythm. To force one all you have to do is to add distance between consecutive notes (or notes in seemingly rapid succession). The concept of "forcing hyperdash" makes no sense, not with the editor at hand.