forum

Animated Skinning Elements Changes

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Genesis Rose
First mention:

When skinning animated elements (such as the follow point) if you only use 4 frames it will only show all 4 frames in 1 second, meaning you have 4 fps on that animation. Yes, its a small animation. But the issue lies with how slow it is. The fix to this is to repeat those 4 frames you have over and over again in new files. So if you had followpoint-0.png and you continued it to followpoint-3.png this is your original animation. Now you take 0-3 and copy paste them as 4-15 and you have a 16fps animation, reusing the same exact images. The downfall is that osu does not know that these 4 images are the same, copy and pasted. This uses excess memory that COULD be crucial.

My suggestion is to give mappers the option to set how many frames should be displayed per second instead of automatically rendering all frames within 1 second. (Which is crazy intensive on the cpu if I make 10,000 copy pasted images.) Cap the amount of frames per second to 60 to avoid a buffer memory? overflow.

Second Mention:

Animated circle overlays or approach rings. (Not hitcircles so that they dont move)
My1_old
3rd -> t/47994 it is pinned, so dont say you didnt see this.
1st/2ns ok, why not