forum

[Archived] Transferring beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fishd100
Can't transfer beatmaps.

I'm trying to transfer Osu to another computer, but the folder that contains my songs only has the intial startup songs, and I can't find my other songs. When I try to re-download them from the beatmap listing, my progress isn't saved.

osu! version: Stable 20171227.2
Nigrod
I pretty sure you need to use osu!sync to transfer beatmaps to a different computer.
Death

Fishd100 wrote:

...the folder that contains my songs only has the intial startup songs, and I can't find my other songs.
Are you referring to your old computer when you say this? Perhaps you are looking at the wrong folder, or if you uninstalled the game previously (before trying to transfer the game) you probably won't have anything in there.

Assuming your haven't downloaded any maps on your new computer it makes sense that you'd only have the default maps.

Nigrod wrote:

I pretty sure you need to use osu!sync to transfer beatmaps to a different computer.
You can just copy your entire osu! folder from one computer to another. You'll retain all of your maps, replays, etc if you do that. No need to use osu!sync specifically.