forum

Elbow position?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kuroni
How high should i keep my elbow against the table? Usually i play with my elbow lower than the table because if i raise my chair more the screen would be somewhat low for my view. I also noticed if i lean forward and keep my back straight to get my forearm and elbow parallel to the table i can play somewhat more comfort and jump faster etc. Does your elbow position have any effect on your performance?
OneTrueDuceOK
well, elbow doesn't really affect your performance unless you're in an uncomfortable position. So play what's comfortable to you.
abraker
Apply the scientific method to find out
Topic Starter
Kuroni

abraker wrote:

Apply the scientific method to find out

Ok
Equbuxu
my elbow rests on a table. Can't imagine playing with elbow floating in the air
Topic Starter
Kuroni

GSTACK wrote:

my elbow rests on a table. Can't imagine playing with elbow floating in the air

Your table must be long in width then. I can only place half of my forearm on the table at most
dung eater
keep elbow somewhere that makes your wrist and hand be comfortable. keeping it in air is an possibility. it might be less stable, but if you have hand fixed on table there's pretty much no difference. you can get used to all hand in air, but it's not very stable in fast things and makes your elbow and arm burn.
im flat
my hands hover its more comfortable for me
Elanie
I have no elbow rest, and my table is not wide enough to be able to rest my arm. My arm floats in the air. this gives me more space to singletap high bpms in case I need to use my whole arm to singletap.
Tenpii
Rest the palm of your hand on the keyboard and it should be easy to keep it in the air. If you really have trouble with this, its time to hit the gym.