forum

How to go to higher AR (Tactic)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
samijnski
Hello fellow clickers!

I've been playing OSU for a few months now and I stumbled upon my first little problem.
I'm starting to transition to 4* at the moment and soon realized AR9 will become the way to go now. Up to now I've only played up to AR8.5 and never had any issues. But for some reason AR9 seems a lot faster which results in me playing a bit whack-a-mole style on them.

So basically, I need to learn how to read AR9 (and above) and wondered what the right way to go is from here.

Should I be playing AR9 a lot to get better at it, or should I just stick to 8.5 or lower for now and in time I will be able to read AR9?

Just trying to figure out what is the best option :)

Thank you in advance!
Deva
The best way to get good at something is to do it a lot.
mjbathtub
Ar 9 is a pretty standard ar so it should be fine to learn whenever. Generally if you're trying to learn a new ar a good tactic is to edit maps you enjoy playing to the ar you want to learn, at least that worked for me.
im flat
ar 9 is not high ar at all
imo I would say ar 10.6-11 are high
just get used to ar 9 its too easy shouldn't take long
same thing applies with other ars
DXPOHIHIHI
9 is an easy ar imo

9.5> is difficult
KupcaH
Yes, you need to start playing AR 9. Find lowest star maps you can find with AR 9 (Or edit maps to ar 9, I've never bothered with this myself though) and play them more.
mulraf
i always give the same tip for transitioning to higher / lower ar's: don't go straight from one to another ar, do it in small steps.
so if you play ar8.5 and want to go to ar9, try something in between. make the steps smaller until it works for you. so if you are really having troubles maybe you need to go 8.6 -> 8.7 -> .., but tbh i think 8.5 -> 8.7 -> 9 will probably work just fine, but what floats your boat.
Deva

im flat wrote:

szkiller wrote:

9 is an easy ar imo

9.5> is difficult

Elitist scum...

Just because you can do it easily doesn't mean it's easy.

AR9 is actually high AR.
im flat

Deva wrote:

im flat wrote:

szkiller wrote:

9 is an easy ar imo

9.5> is difficult

Elitist scum...

AR9 is actually high AR.

r u high becaue ar9 is like 2000ms lmao
Deva

im flat wrote:

r u high becaue ar9 is like 2000ms lmao

That's weird because then AR10 should be 1850ms xd
Almost

Deva wrote:

AR9 is actually high AR.

AR9 is a pretty standard AR. I don't think anyone really classifies it as very 'fast'.
tamura
AR 9 can be pretty hard to learn at first, try to play as many AR 9 maps as you can to try to learn the AR. Don't worry about the misses, the practice will come in handy. Just what I recommend.
-Osamu

samijnski wrote:

Hello fellow clickers!

I've been playing OSU for a few months now and I stumbled upon my first little problem.
I'm starting to transition to 4* at the moment and soon realized AR9 will become the way to go now. Up to now I've only played up to AR8.5 and never had any issues. But for some reason AR9 seems a lot faster which results in me playing a bit whack-a-mole style on them.

So basically, I need to learn how to read AR9 (and above) and wondered what the right way to go is from here.

Should I be playing AR9 a lot to get better at it, or should I just stick to 8.5 or lower for now and in time I will be able to read AR9?

Just trying to figure out what is the best option :)

Thank you in advance!

Yeah, play more ar9 maps. Also, dont go up the ARs to fast. Im mostly DT player and so I normally play Ar at least 9.5 upwards to like 10.6 but once I started playing nomod and HD more I realized lower ARs were really hard to read for me. So yeah play more ar9 but dont go to fast up AR.
DXPOHIHIHI

Deva wrote:

im flat wrote:

szkiller wrote:

9 is an easy ar imo

9.5> is difficult

Elitist scum...

AR9 is actually high AR.

Or maybe you find ar9 high and majority of the players find it standard?