forum

Toggle "You've received a private message from <anyone>" pop

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Loctav
Maybe it's just a minor thing and no one would even give a single <whatever>, but it's pretty disturbing to me, especially when recording replays, that there is no option to stay online and receive private messages ingame without getting this ninja popups, destroying the whole replay.

I request a feature to disable the "You've received a private message from <anyone>" popup in the Online-options of the game (like you can disable highlight popups and on/offline popups)

That's all~
ziin
log off
Topic Starter
Loctav
I don't want to hinder people to send me PMs, so logging off is not an option.
And I doubt that such a feature is so hard to implement (since the other popups can be toggled, too)
Stefan
If someone want to be forever alone.
Well, sounds good, but I don't know if this has a chance.
Derekku
Can you still view online replays when offline? If not, then ziin's idea is invalid. :p
Topic Starter
Loctav
Thats another point. And while recording video previews for the beatmap listings, it's very very disturbing, because I have to restart recording.
Moreover, others will probably make a use of it, and since you can toggle to only show them in breaks, I see no reason why it can't be disabled completely.
Sakura
Even tho i wouldn't use it, i can imagine why it's annoying for you so.

Support!
eldnl
If someone sended five messages to you this just must shows one, I think, this is so annoy when you're playing something and in the break the screen is filled with popups.

So support.
ampzz
I find it annoying when you're playing maps with small break times then you get a flood of notifications slotting themselves all over the right-hand side of your screen about messages from people.

It's even more notable when you are playing songs in double time.

Throwing support on this one as I'm surprised it wasn't already a feature.
Aoko
I agree, especially when '<someone> is online! <someone> is offline!' Stuff, it bugs me. So support.
ampzz
That's a different thing altogether which has already been implemented with a checkbox in the Online tab for Options, here:
Aoko
Oh lol, didn't see that. But anyway, just making a point. xD
Mysterious skin above^ ♥
YodaSnipe
support. I've been there, trying to make videos with fkin 10 people pming me and gotta restart orz
theowest

ampzz wrote:

That's a different thing altogether which has already been implemented with a checkbox in the Online tab for Options, here:
that is popped up on the side and shows all your friends which are offline.
it should be notified to you in the chat
Soaprman

Derekku wrote:

Can you still view online replays when offline? If not, then ziin's idea is invalid. :p
You can. Online, click the replay and press F2 on the result screen. Then import that replay and it'll be added to your local scores for offline viewing. That's very workaroundish though!
Nitojgrem

Soaprman wrote:

Derekku wrote:

You can. Online, click the replay and press F2 on the result screen. Then import that replay and it'll be added to your local scores for offline viewing. That's very workaroundish though!
Nah, but what will you do, when you want the ranking in your recording too? Then it's not possible to do it offline :p