forum

A 24h long beatmap possible?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lenny
It's it possible to make a 24 hour long beatmap? Just wondering because I might in the future want to make one and play it.
Also, to which extend can I use beatmaps? am I allowed to use already created beatmaps and basically copy pasta them together?
Full Tablet
You can make one, but it would be hard to upload unless the map has a rather low note density. The current version of the client can corrupt your .osu file when trying to upload if it is too big. The stable fallback client didn't have this issue, but I am not sure if uploading beatmaps from that client is still allowed.
Topic Starter
Lenny

Full Tablet wrote:

You can make one, but it would be hard to upload unless the map has a rather low note density. The current version of the client can corrupt your .osu file when trying to upload if it is too big. The stable fallback client didn't have this issue, but I am not sure if uploading beatmaps from that client is still allowed.

It would be about 700 times the size of an average beatmap I guess. Guessing 1.5 GB
Topic Starter
Lenny
Bumperino
Full Tablet
As for the size, you wouldn't be able to make the music an audio file that plays for the whole time.

When you encode audio files, about 45 kbps Vorbis is the lowest you can go without making the loss of audio quality unbearable (45 kbps mp3 sounds way worse than Vorbis). That gives you about 2 hours of audio to play with. You would need to compose the music from samples that uses those audio files (and make them play either by storyboard samples, or keysounds).
abraker
wasnt there like a 24h livestream of someone doing a ridiculously long slider (Happystick I think?)