forum

Broke combo without having a miss/bad(on LN) how?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
4One
Was playing a map and it showed me that I broke the combo but the result screen looked like this: https://imgur.com/a/D41hATR

FC is around 464 on this map not 387.

I thought you could only break the combo with miss or if you stop holding a LN?
Full Tablet
In osu!mania, a "perfect" is defined in the client and website as having only Rainbows, 300s or 200s. In osu!standard and osu!taiko, a perfect is having the maximum amount of combo possible, so most skins change the default sprite in the results screen from saying "Perfect" to "Full Combo".
abraker

Full Tablet wrote:

In osu!mania, a "perfect" is defined in the client and website as having only Rainbows, 300s or 200s. In osu!standard and osu!taiko, a perfect is having the maximum amount of combo possible, so most skins change the default sprite in the results screen from saying "Perfect" to "Full Combo".
That is not the issue.

He said that max combo on the map is around 464, but he got 387 combo. There are no misses or 50's. So how did he get that combo?

I'd like to see the replay. Link to map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/700547
Full Tablet
You can get a 200 in a LN even if you break your combo. Combo breaking 200s are pretty rare though.

To get one, you must press the LN with 200 precision, a combo break and a recover:
1) Press the start of the LN correctly within the 300 hitwindow (which is the same size as the one for a regular note). If the OD is 9 or higher, you must press with 300g precision in this part.
2) Release the LN early, before the hitwindow for a 50. This breaks the combo. The sum of the errors in milliseconds of the start and this release must be less than double the hitwindow for a 200.
3) Press again the LN, and release it within the hitwindow for a 50.

In the code, pressing a LN with 300 precision and a combo break also awards you with a 200 judgment, but that would only be possible if the OD was less than -2.5
Topic Starter
4One
Yeah that must have been it. The combobreak was right at the beginning of a LN and I hit the key weirdly so it was like an ultra fast double tap or something.

I watched the replay but there is nothing interesting besides combo break and no "miss/bad" popup.
[TAS]
I'm going to explain this horribly but hopefully someone will explain it better since I didn't see that answer already.

So an FC is when you hit all the notes in the song. But the total notes of the song equate to one note per note. So if you hit one note and a long note then that would be 2 notes. But mania doesn't count like that. LN's don't count only as one note. They count as multiple notes. So if you hit one note and a long note mania would count is as 3+ notes but never 2 notes. This is because in the song editor LN's count the bpm of the song, meaning whatever the bpm of the song is that is how many notes you will end up with if you hit one LN perfectly.

It's a bit complex but basically LN's count as more then one note and that is why when you have an FC the FC count and the total notes hit could be vastly different.