forum

[resolved] Fullscreen not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mulraf
Problem details: Hello o/
So lately i've had a problem where fullscreen will produce the view from the screenshot below. When i disable fullscreen, so windowed mode, it basically becomes fullscreen but changes the way of my mouse movement.
This probably happened after i installed a new game on steam. I'm guessing that it changed something in my system but that's just assumptions :o

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20181118.3 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Even though Letterboxing shouldn't be needed in Fullscreen, try enabling it while fullscreen is also enabled and see if that gets it to behave.

Make sure all the settings in your Graphics drivers looks correct and unchanged.

This seems to happen with Laptops with mobile GPU's and I'm not sure anyone ever really fixes it consistently. If so, I've forgotten or they haven't posted.
Topic Starter
mulraf

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Even though Letterboxing shouldn't be needed in Fullscreen, try enabling it while fullscreen is also enabled and see if that gets it to behave.

Thanks, this fixed it indirectly. Because since ticking letterboxing just scaled the game to 1920x1080 i finally realized my desktop resolution got set to that somehow. setting it back to the original value fixed the problem.
Now i tried opening the game that under my assumption caused this again (epic battle fantasy 5). I realized it only went up to 1920x1080 as for it's resolution and enabling full screen mode for it would set my windows settings to just that.
Is there any way to prevent this?
Dntm8kmeeatu
If it's that game causing that issue I'm not sure what to say. it's all about it and your pc/gpu handle that.

Weird that osu! was showing you as running your "Native" resolution (above 1080p) but the screen was smaller, and Windows was set to 1080p? Doesn't really make much sense.

Like I said before, it seems laptops normally have these issues with resolution changing and funky behaviour. Don't know much about it really.

As long as you "know" what the issue is and how to fix it, I can probably mark this resolved.
Topic Starter
mulraf
yeah, it is really weird indeed. and yeah, you can close it. i went to the discord server of the game and already communicating it with the dev there, so i hope it'll be resolved over there. thanks for the help tho :3