forum

Accuracy suddenly going down

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
edp446
For some reason whenever I play on my newer laptop, my accuracy goes down like hell. I always play on my newer laptop except for the day before yesterday. When I switch back to my old laptop, my accuracy returns back to normal. I checked the settings and the skin, but nothing seems to be different.

Edit: I changed my resolution on my newer laptop and my accuracy returned to normal. However, I wanna play on the regular full-sized screen again. Suggestions?
TruthIsNear
Do you use laptop's keyboard?
Trialith
Are you playing on windowed mode? If that's the case, just enable fullscreen and run it w/ the monitor's native resolution. Full screen greatly reduces input lag, so use that.

If you needed to letterbox in order to stabilize your accuracy, you might be running into some performance issues, assuming it's your latency and framerate causing it. (I highly doubt that though, pretty much any new machine should be able to run osu! on at least 240fps during gameplay without much trouble at all; disable background video, storyboards, shaders and such if you haven't already.)
Topic Starter
edp446

TruthIsNear wrote:

Do you use laptop's keyboard?

No, I use a mechanical keyboard.

Trialith wrote:

Are you playing on windowed mode? If that's the case, just enable fullscreen and run it w/ the monitor's native resolution. Full screen greatly reduces input lag, so use that.

Whenever I use the native resolution, my accuracy is terrible. I use 240 fps with no trouble.
Trialith

edp446 wrote:

Whenever I use the native resolution, my accuracy is terrible. I use 240 fps with no trouble.

You've mentioned that already, but my question was if you're using windowed mode or full screen.
(Sorry if I didn't word it properly uwu)

Other than that, check your skin.ini file if you redownloaded the skin, particularly the HitPosition option. Check your offset as well. If everything is the same across both your new and old laptops, play around with the options and your scroll speed until you hit comfortably.
Topic Starter
edp446

Trialith wrote:

You've mentioned that already, but my question was if you're using windowed mode or full screen.

I use full screen and my skin settings are the same. Guess I'll try get used to the native resolution again.
[TAS]
That's completely normal don't worry about it. Happens to me when I play on my laptop versus mech keyboard. Or when I play another music rhythm game at all. You just have to get used to your new laptop that's all. Play it for a few months on the settings your used to and if its still not getting better then change something.