forum

how does pp work and how do I progress in the leaderboards

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Texzy21
I am ranked 900 in the USA and have been playing since January of 2017 I need your help with this ranking system I just don't get it , sometimes I will lose rank for getting %100 on a song but most of the time I don't gain or lose rank I just want to better myself in the community and see myself participate in the tournaments but I can never seem to rank up anymore. how does it work :/
abraker
You farmed all the high pp maps - maps that are completely overated; they give a lot more pp than they should. As a result, now all the normal maps you play are nowhere close to matching the how much pp those maps gave. Prepare to not seeing any gains for at least half year until you get good enough such that normal maps start giving as much pp as the overated maps you have on your profile right now. And I don't recommend playing the overated maps at all unless you *really* need pp for something.
Topic Starter
Texzy21

abraker wrote:

You farmed all the high pp maps - maps that are completely overated; they give a lot more pp than they should. As a result, now all the normal maps you play are nowhere close to matching the how much pp those maps gave. Prepare to not seeing any gains for at least half year until you get good enough such that normal maps start giving as much pp as the overated maps you have on your profile right now. And I don't recommend playing the overated maps at all unless you *really* need pp for something.

What maps would you say I need to improve what scores would give me around 200 pp ? I can't seem to find which maps I should be aiming to become consistent at for now I am consistently getting S on 4 star and high 4 star maps but struggling to make it to 5 stars
Bobbias
If you want to gain pp desperately, look for overrated maps. Also remember you can farm HT on maps that are too hard and DT on ones that are too easy.

If you want to actually get better, you need to play more, and actually practice whatever you are weak at.