forum

[resolved] Unable to open Osu! (Mac)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Easondu
I redownloaded Osu! and now it doesn't open. I tried everything but it still didn't work. https://gyazo.com/ef4a761a9ed42e6a9a22baf994539e1d
Just a note that i'm using MacOS High Sierra.
Technocoder
Does it work if you drag osu! to the Desktop? When you open osu! does osu! show up in Activity Monitor? Have you tried doing a test run?
Topic Starter
Easondu
I tried all of them, and it doesn't show up on the active monitor. It used to work but it doesn't work anymore when i redownloaded Osu!.
Technocoder
Open Wineskin (Show Package Contents > Wineskin) and then Advanced > Tools > Kill Wineskin Processes and then click on Test Run and then post the two log files that will pop up when it's done.
Topic Starter
Easondu
It doesn't seem to have anything pop up, i tried 3 times.
hawkling305
I've had this problem before. I think it's something to do with the settings in your 'Security and Privacy' in System Preferences. Go there, go to general, and click 'Allow apps downloaded from App Store and identified developers'.
Piscius
try to open as administrator
may this will help
8-)
Topic Starter
Easondu
Allowing the app to open was the first thing i do, and i am already administrator on the computer. Since it's my personal computer. I also tried downloading other versions from 2015 and 2016.
player_9461256
First, uninstall the version of osu you have.

then reinstall the game. (make sure to download this version of osu: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/682197)

After you have downloaded that, drag the file to the dock, and click it once open.

If it doesn't open, then try killing the wineskin process (what Technocoder said earlier), and try opening it again.

Lastly, what version of High Sierra are you running?
Topic Starter
Easondu
It still doesn't work, and my Mac is version 10.13.6
Elanie
osu! is not completely supported on macOS High Sierra (10.13) and macOS Mojave (10.14) at the moment.
You may want to read this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/682197
Death

the_fbobis wrote:

osu! is not completely supported on macOS High Sierra (10.13) and macOS Mojave (10.14) at the moment.
You may want to read this thread: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/682197
This thread is exactly what TKZ4 linked 2 posts up.

High Sierra just had issues with Wineskin in general (not just an osu! specific issue). Easondu also said they already downloaded that Wineskin package and assuming they followed the instructions correctly, it could be some other issue.
Topic Starter
Easondu
So will they be able to fix the issue? How long would it take?

Edit: I haven't had this problem when i first downloaded Osu! And played. That was like two months ago, and i didn't have any problem. I really forgot where did i download Osu! but i'm sure it's on the download page for Mac. Did this problem just happened?
Death

Easondu wrote:

So will they be able to fix the issue? How long would it take?

Edit: I haven't had this problem when i first downloaded Osu! And played. That was like two months ago, and i didn't have any problem. I really forgot where did i download Osu! but i'm sure it's on the download page for Mac. Did this problem just happened?
Who are you referring to with "they"? The problem is no one has any information to go off of. Therefore, no one knows where the issue actually is. Could it be an osu! issue? Maybe. Could it be some random Wineskin issue? Also an equal possibility.

Pretty much everything listed in this thread and the thread you were linked has helped people with similar issues. Meaning either you are super unlucky and have run into some other unknown issue, or one of the steps was not followed correctly (or tried at all).
player_9461256
Do you have firewall, filevault, or any kind of antivirus enabled?
E X A
Dualboot your mac with windows (using bootcamp) and all your problems will go away!
Death

TKZ4 wrote:

I play on High Sierra and it runs fine, little to no issues at all.
I linked this in one of my posts. I believe that change is already applied to Technocoder's Wineskin wrapper among other things.
Topic Starter
Easondu
I believe i don't have any antivirus things on my computer, and i have tried every download in the Osu! Mac download page.

The problem of using Bootcamp with my computer is that my computer isn't good enough to handle Bootcamp. It would make my computer very laggy.
player_9461256
Yes
Topic Starter
Easondu
No, i don't have them on.
show more