forum

Do you guys develop bad habits while playing mania?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lous
Whenever a song that I play suddenly hits me with a really dense burst that I know I can't hit consistently, I would end up spamming my key in a chord trill pattern until the burst ends.

(I am practically hitting this pattern on my keyboard)

Although it makes me more consistent when I play those types of beatmaps, I will end up dropping in accuracy in exchange. And sometimes I have the intuitive to end up doing this pattern even on bursts that I can hit xd. I wonder what habits other players have manifested during their time in osumania :)
Yyorshire
my bad habit is continuing to play this game

i tense up really bad on stamina maps causing me to lose more stamina, especially on jumptrills
Bobbias
I also have a problem tensing up. I make an effort not to, but in 4k in particular faster stuff ends up causing me to tense up pretty bad. It's not so bad in 7k because the notes per column are generally lower, but it still happens, and I'm constantly trying to avoid it, because it really slows you down a lot.
Minisora
I think it’s pretty normal for people to default to jumptrills when the pattern becomes too dense. When I start to do that, it’s a sign that the song is too difficult for me right now.
abraker
for the longest time I couldn't blue army properly after retrying it some 20 times in a row
Edgar_Figaro
My bad habit is continuing to play even when my hands are already exhausted.
-Osamu

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

My bad habit is continuing to play even when my hands are already exhausted.

I don't think thats a bad habit, it builds stamina. Nowadays, after never pausing and playing many maps that require a lot of stamina, my fingers pretty much never get tired, unless its a really really dense patterns for like 5 min.
Yyorshire

Red MewFew wrote:

I don't think thats a bad habit, it builds stamina. Nowadays, after never pausing and playing many maps that require a lot of stamina, my fingers pretty much never get tired, unless its a really really dense patterns for like 5 min.
I'm fairly certain he means overall playtime instead of playing a singular stamina map. Playing for hours on end (i.e. 3 or more) is not good for your hands as you put way too much strain on them, risking an injury.
[TAS]
My bad habbit is I always push my limit. It's just fun honestly and my stamina is good at least lol
Luminox115
A bad habit of mine is letting go of a hold to press another one (from single to double hold)

I got too used to single not holds that I instinctively let go of it to press another.
elvin358
I tend to do the very same sometime during hard longer maps too, so I get where you're coming from. It's hard not to spam buttons when things get real dense or heavy. Shortcuts are the way to pp, not skill entirely though.

LouisZpro wrote:

Whenever a song that I play suddenly hits me with a really dense burst that I know I can't hit consistently, I would end up spamming my key in a chord trill pattern until the burst ends.

(I am practically hitting this pattern on my keyboard)

Although it makes me more consistent when I play those types of beatmaps, I will end up dropping in accuracy in exchange. And sometimes I have the intuitive to end up doing this pattern even on bursts that I can hit xd. I wonder what habits other players have manifested during their time in osumania :)