107 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  next
Rhythm Incarnate
1,656 posts
peppy wrote:
Use !report, like anything else in the game please. The turn-around time on !report action is fast, anyway. Any serious attacks can be rolled-back to a backup in worst-case scenarios.

But there is only one person who can ban people... Or !kill works in the wiki too?

To prevent worst-case scenarios, you should turn off (move) and (move-subpages) for users. Also, there is an extension, which can delete all pages by a single user (This is very useful against worst vandals, I had to use it once or twice)

Quote:
Spoilers not required for a wiki IMHO.

That was an example.
I know some templates, which can collapse and expand content, but they are required common.js...
Okay, here is another example. This is a naviation template, it can be collapsed/expanded by pressing "[Скрыть]"/"[Показать]" (sorry for cyrillic).

This template already needs this.

peppy wrote:
Also, you chose the completely wrong thread to discuss this. Please use one of the wiki threads or wiki pages itself.

Does someone read talks? 0_o
Image (russian only)
18,627 posts
Bans are not done at a wiki level; it is all centralised. Please use report. As for changes to prevent things, I act reactively, and will only implement these when a problem occurs.

I'm not sure of the need for collapse/expand either.

There are two forum threads dedicated to the wiki which could be used for this kind of discussion if you don't have faith in people reading Talk: pages.
Rhythm Incarnate
1,656 posts
Quote:
I'm not sure of the need for collapse/expand either.

Not when there are only one navigation template on the page. It will be needed later.
Image (russian only)
Rhythm Incarnate
1,322 posts
3point:

1.Optimization of OSU client
Until the update to the current version of OSU still exist many BUG/lag.
Or other places for a variety of language translation(like edit mode)
I don't know if it will be solved in osz2,But I still want to point out
If the personal burden is overweight, can take part task sharing to other person who can trust, play our wisdom(like this thread say)

2.Pay more attention to the Feature Requests forum
There are always many people to update awesome opinion
like kubu‘s playstyle suggest
dont make star system useless :(

3.Changing the BAT / MAT serving system
Is too difficult to explain to understand :S
I think if you want the community to maintain vitality
Please make BAT / MAT for a period of time to leave(For example, continuous working for half a year, need forced to resign half year to return

It can be used as a vacation?
Although BAT team number many, but now the actual rank map there wasn't much, should think about how to keep them alive
Combo Commander
459 posts
urs4chan wrote:
peppy wrote:
Avoid being negative! Make people happy!

The one I want to keep :)

oh how i wish this would be kept
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
"I hope I satisfy 2 women as much as 2 women satisfy"
Rhythm Incarnate
3,404 posts
peppy wrote:

\:3/ the one i want to keep \:3/
because
queue | steam | ask.fm | myanimelist | youtube

I shall make you see... that your hopes are all nothing. Nothing but a mere illusion!
Different names, same fate.
18,627 posts
Ibuki Suika wrote:
a whole pile of text which completely misses the point
Rhythm Incarnate
785 posts
peppy wrote:

Every day I see negativity on osu!. People complaining about each other, people complaining about cheaters or "rank farmers". People seeing change and whining about it. While I think we do better than a lot of other online communities out there — that drop to levels of throwing insults at each other all day long (hi youtube!) — there is still room for improvement.

I would like to see less people saying the moderation is shit, because it actually isn't at this point.

Yes i do agree that we do have some people that make poor choices at moderating the chat.

But JC, you people complaining about it isn't going to do anything.

I personally like the moderation team right now (with the exception of a couple of people), and it is doing a great job of keeping chat in line, from the NSFW to the just plain retarded chat that doesn't need to be there in the first place. I see osu! making improvements everyday slowly but surely.

The other thing that also messes with me, is the amount of people that just randomly want BAT/Mod for any given reason because they think they're going to do a better job than the current people.

You're Not.

They are doing a good job as it is right now, yes we do have some days without a new ranked map, but there is at least 100 maps uploaded everyday, and actually half of them are good so why don't you take your time and play those or testplay those?

I personally have no problems except peppy won't respond when i highlight him for no appartent reason, but this is irrelevant,peppy, BAT's, MAT's, and moderators are doing their best to help the community everyday.

So why shouldn't we?

EDIT: Motherpooting grammar.
EDIT: More grammar corrections.
Last edited by TBTE on , edited 2 times in total.

Needs more doge
Rhythm Incarnate
1,563 posts
Erm TBTE nice read but you sort of lost me half way
I believe what you mean is "they" think they are going to do a better job
And "You're not."
Sorry for being the grammar nazi but it took me quite awhile to make sense of your post
Rhythm Incarnate
785 posts
-A t H e N a- wrote:
Erm TBTE nice read but you sort of lost me half way
I believe what you mean is "they" think they are going to do a better job
And "You're not."
Sorry for being the grammar nazi but it took me quite awhile to make sense of your post

I hate Grammar.

Motherpooting Ken, I've went though my post like 5 times now.

Needs more doge
Slider Savant
119 posts
uuuuuuuu ... . -. I would love to take care of the osu! wiki in Spanish, because my friends and their friends and their friends do not speak much English (only the friends of my friends) and they do not know how it goes the gameplay, and whatever. but I do not know how :P , so please tell me how!! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rhythm Incarnate
862 posts
Keeping a positive attitude i like =w=
Wish i could devote more time to osu!
but i lack basic skills xD
Havent even mapped a single beatmap.
But im planning to start contribute more after my exams
As you can see im starting to lurk the forums xD
ImageImageImage
Slider Savant
117 posts
Hey, is there an explanation for achievement ?
Rhythm Incarnate
3,329 posts
Awesome notification

I choose this 2 areas. Just like what I've done from 2010 to now :3 Apart from them, I still choose "producing high quality maps" as another sake

And one more thing, peppy, reward me x3

Help answer technical, beatmap and gameplay support questions!

Every day I try to take care of any outstanding tech support questions, but a lot of these can be answered by anyone who has spend time around here and knows how things generally work. Even if you don't think you know stuff well enough, you can follow along, read and learn, then start helping at a later point!

Where to start:
  • Choose a forum: Technical Support, Beatmapping Help, Storyboarding or Gameplay and Rankings based on what you find most interesting.
  • Mark the forum as read using the link at the top-right.
  • Follow any new threads, reading each one and helping out where you can. You can use the unread icons to make sure you keep up!
  • Read the available guides and polish up on your osu! knowledge. Hell, contribute to the guides if you can!

Help check/mod beatmaps!

While we have set teams that handle the approval process, there's nothing stopping anyone from helping out. It starts as easy as posting in pending beatmap threads leaving your positive feedback or constructive criticism. When you get good, there's no reason you can't join up on one of the approval teams :).

Where to start:
  • Look through (or search) the Pending Beatmaps listing for artists/songs you like (or just choose ones at random).
  • Play the beatmaps and leave feedback in threads.
  • Read the Modding Guide and learn the basics of more technical modding.
  • Read the Ranking Criteria and become familiar with what makes a map rankable.
  • Join #modHelp and #modReqs on in-game chat and join in the conversation (or just follow along).
  • If you have the time and dedication, making a Modding Queue thread and have people start coming to you with requests.
osu! Alumni
3,224 posts
Locked 107 posts jump | prev  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  next