forum

Will osu! survive in the future?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
troke
first of all, i will introduce my self, my realname is Ochi
this is just my opinion i will ask for all of the osu! players did osu! will survive in the future?
as a player who playing this game for 5 years my answer is osu! will not survive in the next future, why? because a lot of people will not interest in music game, actually they will play like CSGO, PUBG, DOTA, MONSTER HUNTER WORLD, RAINBOW SIX SIEGE or another AAA Game, E-Sports Industries will interest only DOTA, CSGO and PUBG, why these games? because competitive scene in these games is really interesting for me, i know i'm noob on these games, but i enjoyed on these game, these game has billion gameplay, that why these game still survive. I know music game for 5 years until now i'm still play this game but just play for fun only, before that i'm playing for 8 hours+ until now i'm playing only 2 hours or 3 hours for warmp-up aim, i'm move to csgo because i play fps game before know osu, like Point Blank, it's famous game, almost internet cafe in indonesia have this game, so i decided to back playing fps game and choose csgo, recently i joined my first csgo lan tournament, this tournament was amazing for me and my team, but we got 4th place, but we still playing to get better in this game, we lose? we still play, feel like osu! if you can't SS it, just retry until got SS, this condition will happen when we are playing the competitive game, if we lose, we tryhard to get better. but in this case when i tryhard osu! after 4.5 years and then thinking why i'm tryhard for osu ? if you get 1st place will you become famous instantly? what do you do if your skill only that and didn't get better? what we get after become TOP TEN PLAYER IN THE WORLD? can i punch my friend when playing osu! multiplayer? can osu! party with friends?

i have community, they are osu! Bali, a lot of osu community in Indonesia, i'm joined osu! Bali because this community in my regional(province), my community build from 2012 and it was the oldest community in indonesia who still survive because the member have royalty and still playing osu until now, my community always make a gathering event who can meet any player in real life, so we can talk each other about osu! once a month, my community growth because we make a promotion about osu! at Japanese Festival in Bali
this is the video
the 3th

the 4th

peppy have commented on the 5th videos

last is 6th but we dont record that because lack of member who can manage a documentary, in the 6th is 2017 the community decreasing the member because another member have their Reallife busy, and we can't force the member to join monthly gathering and that's why we dont have any staff for documentary, until 2018 a lot of member is quitting osu! the member who quitting osu! is have any reason, i dont know why they are quitting osu! because of that we decided to make our 7th IS THE LAST PROMOTION ABOUT OSU IN JAPANESE FESTIVAL, The Festival will be held on 18 November 2018, so we try to make our last promotion like gamble, if we dont have any member joined after event, we decided to end in the future, if we got lots of member, and often attend monthly gathering, decided to keep this community in the future.

this is just my opinion from my foot heads, don't blame me, i just sharing with everyone what i'm thinking now, i don't want keep this until i'm dead, let's share what is your opinion from now!

i'm sorry for moderator and osu! dev, if my words make you offended and i'm sorry my bad languages, i hope osu! will have any future update who can make normies interesting to play this game, because osu! i know a lot of people, i believe in the next future i will eat my own words XD
Winnyace
I think it will survive the test of time. it already has imo. 11 years of this game being alive and still getting new ppl into it it's amazing. imo, a multiplayer games never dies, unless the dev shutted down the servers, and even then there will be a option to appear.
abraker
Tad Fibonacci
I think it will, Osu has maintained a small but loyal and dedicated fan base.
And sure other games like league or other triple A titles are a lot more popular than Osu through out the world but there are plenty of people who are interested in rhythm games.
Imo games like League or CS or Rainbow six are annoying to play since it doesn't matter how well you play the game or how good you've gotten at it you will still lose sometimes not because of you making mistakes but because of other people making mistakes. So Osu is one of the games that I consider "hard but fair", it's a hard to play and hard to master game but it's fair since it rewards good players (debatable).
Especially in League, if you just want to chill and play a game, prepare to feel worst about your day since the game is littered with toxic and try hard people. And games like League without friends to play with is a really toxic experience. I used to play it a lot since I had friends to play with back in high school but now since everyone kinda quitted, I don't play it as often anymore.
The reason why I think Osu is fun is because you can either have fun with friends playing online or just by yourself and you can play with your own pace, you can do a really shitty score without being flamed by anyone.
So idk about other people but I will keep playing Osu in the future as long as I can get the best of my time having fun playing the game.
Winnyace

tad01123 wrote:

Imo games like League or CS or Rainbow six are annoying to play since it doesn't matter how well you play the game or how good you've gotten at it you will still lose sometimes not because of you making mistakes but because of other people making mistakes.

true. idk how many times I got with ppl that simply didn't knew how to play the game.

tad01123 wrote:

it's a hard to play and hard to master game but it's fair since it rewards good players (debatable)

imo, this is up to interpretation. rewarding the player with a number, for me at least, isn't that much rewarding but everybody is different.
Flanster

abraker wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/825378 ????????

ikr idk what is with people's apocalyptic mindset, EU wont win this battle
Meah
Yes unless peppy decides to end everything
Wonderland
Obviously....
DansRight
Yes
KetKatto
Nowadays, this is the only game I play full-time. Osu! basically ate the other games I liked before lol
Topic Starter
troke
yesterday we ended an event in Japan Festival, we decided to stop/break making osu! booth in the next year until we have more member and regrouping old members, so Thank you osu! community..

edit*
yesterday, we are making osu! booth in Japan Festival at my region, as i see in booth... you guys are right, osu! still have many players but they only choose osu for fun, as side game.. they dont play it for full-time. Same as me, i dont have anytime for playing this game, some old members too are busy in real life like me.
theres 13-16 years old in my community and still playing osu! full-time. maybe someday it will change if osu!...? i dont know what is that but i bet will change
kxium_old
i believe this game will survive as long as the community stays strong, the staff doesn't give up, and we don't get ddos ffs. it's super annoying when my scores doesn't send and update my profile.

also, the community isn't toxic like other games. well maybe because it's pvp and here we just climb up the ladders and improving our skill.
modrei_DELETED
rhythm games have different requirements to survive unlike games like mh:w or siege

kxium wrote:

the community isn't toxic like other games

cough
Topic Starter
troke

kxium wrote:

also, the community isn't toxic like other gamesl.
what? lmao
Lyawi
Some language specific communities are toxic though, but osu! community in general really isn't that toxic imo.
DXPOHIHIHI
few loyal players > many unloyal players
Sosteneshion
Ofc Its been up for like 11y and is still alive... so yes it will
DXPOHIHIHI
Hmmmmmm...

Osu doesn't have much active players but most of them are very loyal

Other games has alot of active players, but are most of them loyal? No of course! They'd probably just quit a month or two
abraker
What szkiller said. Most quit other games, but osu! players are the ones that quit w.
Meah
If people stop reproducing then yes
show more