forum

Do you keep your otaku self private or are you opened minded?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gustacus
Personally im in a bit of a mixture it depends on the type of person i am talking to if i see that they are fun and happy...or someone along those lines. then i usually bring up an anime topic to them see if their interested in it.

jujika
Well for me it is kind of the same. I am lucky enough to be in a school that is 30 percent Asian, 30 percent Indian, and 90 percent weeb. In non school settings I am generally more reserved, but in school you would just talk about anime like it was sports or whatever. If you bring up anime, you expect the other person to know what you are talking about. I generally am open about being an otaku, but I do not try to come off as one. If you ask me I will tell you, but I wont be blasting Hitorigoto while walking around (unlike some fine gentlemen at my place of scholastic learning).
Lumyh
i don't usually talk to my irl friends about anime cause we don't watch the same genres: i'm more a slice of life/shojo person, they're more into shonens
but online i'm very open about my anime preferences and opinions
Sosteneshion
Anime at least for my friends are kinda of a meme you know, some of my friends doesn't watch anime, but they joke about it and thats why I am much more opened, because I can talk, and make fun about anime stuff with them.
Sometimes I watch anime with my friends, and sometimes we talk about it as well. I have no shame to say to someone else, that I watch, so I wouldn't say that I am self private.
DeletedUser_6716377
-
Humishi
open minded
Royce551
I pretty much completely hide the fact that I like anime when it comes to school.
In online situations though? Well, guess it's pretty obvious. I'm pretty open about that.
abraker
I don't mention anime stuff unless it comes up in convo. People do ask me what games I play, and when I osu! it's pretty much a given.
zetsuchanyami
Since I draw in my notebooks my classmates know that i'm into anime. But I pretty much keep it private.
Dorayakichan_
Staniczek
At first I was quite open, but I thought it was a mistake, so now I sit quietly until I meet another "otaku" xD
futabas
I'm only open to people who I know also like anime, to others I'm completely private unless anime somehow makes its way into our conversation
januaryflower
i dont have friends but my classmates dont know about my otaku side, its secret
show more