forum

I'm not getting any better

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zem0ku
I'm not getting any better. I really suck at osu! Yes, I've read forums of tips on getting better. I've tried to apply them but it just seems like it's not working. If you look in my profile, you'll know for yourself that this user is "trash". I just want to get out of this shell, you know. I just want to start Fcing maps. It might look like I'm greedy or impatient, but I'm just tired already even though I don't want to give up on playing this awesome game. Help would be nice though. But it's like all the help in forums and/or subreddits are already given. I don't know. Thanks for reading and yeah hope help comes and hope to start improving. Lol

EDIT: Forgot to say that I've been playing osu! for like 8 months and have made 11k plays and only earned 700 some pp. Just shows how I suck. I'm the worst of the worst.
Lyawi
Perhaps osu! isn't your thing. Tried other modes yet?
KupcaH
You've tried to apply forums tips and they didn't help you and yet you are asking for advice on same forum and expecting some different tips? :thonk:

Anyway, let me give you some tips.

-Go back to 3.0* star rating and work on your way up from there. Why? Because it seems like you missed basics and rushed to 4*+ maps and playing whack-a-mole game. Focus on getting 96%+ accuracy on most of 3*-3.8* maps, and then move on to four star maps.

-Download big amount of maps and try to play every map fully without retrying/quitting. And preferably play longer maps.

-Stop playing Harumachi Clovers. Forget that there's a thing called "pp", get good at this game and you'll gain a lot of pp without putting much effort into farming.

-Analyse your replays and try to understand what you did wrong. Missaimed/Tapped Early/Tapped Late/etc. and focus on improving at what you failed last time.

When you are gonna get good enough on most of 3-3.9 star maps (96%+ acc sightreading/FC plays) Move to four star maps. Play stuff where you get 86-92% accuracy and try to improve you scores with time. At this stage I followed this guide and made <88% , 88-92% , 92-95% , 95-97% , 97-98% , 98-99% , 99%+ collections.

And play more.

EDIT: Oh, and enjoy game. Improvement comes at faster rate if you're enjoying what you are doing.
Topic Starter
zem0ku
To KupcaH:

Quote: "You've tried to apply forums tips and they didn't help you and yet you are asking for advice on same forum and expecting some different tips? :thonk: "

Ahha you got me there. Yeah I'm guess I'm too stupid enough to ask for more tips even though I've said that most tips on forums that I tried to apply didn't help me, only me.

- Yeah I actually kind skipped to 4 star. I think it was because I realized when I started playing 3 star maps, I got like A's and B's with 88-93% acc. I thought I was confident to go to 4. Of course, I was wrong. Your tip of going back to 3 star maps, I've been doing that from time to time. Well mostly not all the time I play. This is what I do: I play a LOT of 3-3.9 star maps then I try some maps of 4. I think I've seen a slight improvement just slight though. Question is that should I completely forget 4 star maps for now and focus on 3 star map fc's? Or can I play a LOT of 3 star maps and try 4 stars? I'm in a pinch.

- Okay. I'll try my best. Most 3 star maps I have I think are like TV sizes lol.

- aha, yeah. That......killed me. I will try my best to completely erase the existence of "pp" and "pp farming" in my mind. I was never proud of getting those high pp scores but it's like a D or C, honestly.

- I'm not very good at that. I'm not really good at analyzing my own play and observing my mistakes. I just don't know why. But it's a tip so I will try to learn.

One reason why I stuck to 4 star was that in the beginning of playing some 4-4.5 star maps, I was getting 86-89% acc. I thought maybe if I just play more then I'd eventually start fcing again. Obviously I was wrong.

Lastly, I always try to enjoy the game,even though I'm reminded of how I suck,as osu! is about having fun.

Thanks!

EDIT: I've tried other game modes. But I like to click circles by aiming using a mouse/tablet and tapping 2 keyboard keys. :)
raccoongamer

zem0ku wrote:

To KupcaH:

Quote: "You've tried to apply forums tips and they didn't help you and yet you are asking for advice on same forum and expecting some different tips? :thonk: "

Ahha you got me there. Yeah I'm guess I'm too stupid enough to ask for more tips even though I've said that most tips on forums that I tried to apply didn't help me, only me.

- Yeah I actually kind skipped to 4 star. I think it was because I realized when I started playing 3 star maps, I got like A's and B's with 88-93% acc. I thought I was confident to go to 4. Of course, I was wrong. Your tip of going back to 3 star maps, I've been doing that from time to time. Well mostly not all the time I play. This is what I do: I play a LOT of 3-3.9 star maps then I try some maps of 4. I think I've seen a slight improvement just slight though. Question is that should I completely forget 4 star maps for now and focus on 3 star map fc's? Or can I play a LOT of 3 star maps and try 4 stars? I'm in a pinch.

- Okay. I'll try my best. Most 3 star maps I have I think are like TV sizes lol.

- aha, yeah. That......killed me. I will try my best to completely erase the existence of "pp" and "pp farming" in my mind. I was never proud of getting those high pp scores but it's like a D or C, honestly.

- I'm not very good at that. I'm not really good at analyzing my own play and observing my mistakes. I just don't know why. But it's a tip so I will try to learn.

One reason why I stuck to 4 star was that in the beginning of playing some 4-4.5 star maps, I was getting 86-89% acc. I thought maybe if I just play more then I'd eventually start fcing again. Obviously I was wrong.

Lastly, I always try to enjoy the game,even though I'm reminded of how I suck,as osu! is about having fun.

Thanks!

EDIT: I've tried other game modes. But I like to click circles by aiming using a mouse/tablet and tapping 2 keyboard keys. :)

88-93% acc is not a sign of confidence. 97%+ is.
Topic Starter
zem0ku
Yup. I didn't know back then lol. Idk what I was thinking
tomatas95
People tend to jump the harder difficulty. I'm probably a new player myself. 4Months 200h playtime. Let me tell you that going harder diffs is just bad... Your osutop plays are short maps sadly..Get a 3star fc. Then jump to 3,4-7 star get a fc there. and try 3,9 with 96%+ high accuracy. Then you can say ''I'm probably done with 3stars'' Try to fc long maps not tv size..That's what people would say but at your level just play w/e you want. Personally i don't enjoy long maps but you might.
VinZentVanDough
Moral of the discussion : Don't skip classes
Fighu
Don't worry! Push through, it is impossible to not hit a skill wall at some point and you just need to bare in mind ranks and pp will not be easy to get during this time and just keep on playing. If you really enjoy this game you will stick through and keep playing maps until you get better naturally. I don't want to be one of those people but you have to stick by the golden rule of playing more! Trust me it works like a charm. Apart from that I have nothing else to say, good luck!
Topic Starter
zem0ku
Yeah I'll start going back to 3 star maps and trying to play longer maps.

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

Moral of the discussion : Don't skip classes

Aha yeah. Lesson soon to be learned.

FighuYT wrote:

Don't worry! Push through, it is impossible to not hit a skill wall at some point and you just need to bare in mind ranks and pp will not be easy to get during this time and just keep on playing. If you really enjoy this game you will stick through and keep playing maps until you get better naturally. I don't want to be one of those people but you have to stick by the golden rule of playing more! Trust me it works like a charm. Apart from that I have nothing else to say, good luck!

Yup. I'll keep playing :)
Tad Fibonacci
You'd do something better if you enjoy doing it. Don't just spam maps and push yourself to play. Don't rush and play the same thing over and over again, you'll get tilted really quickly. Download a bunch of maps that are different from each other. Instead of the "I'm gonna get PP" mentality, just try to have fun and play the game and you'll improve gradually.
Syneergy
The thing is you are reading and writing on forums instead of playing osu!, what about you play the game and wait for your improvements...

Like for me example, my left hand is really bad,, i am not playing the game because my health is more important to me then the game,

once my hand will become better i can play the game and enjoy it etc....
Neko67

Lyawi wrote:

Perhaps osu! isn't your thing. Tried other modes yet?

Feel like the OP

Now I just rage at STD with playing EZ and play all other modes :P
OneTrueDuceOK
Play more maps that are challenging your limit and upper your limit. People kept staying inside their comfort zone and expect to improve with that. NO! You improve by playing outside your comfort zone.
Topic Starter
zem0ku

OneTrueDuceOK wrote:

Play more maps that are challenging your limit and upper your limit. People kept staying inside their comfort zone and expect to improve with that. NO! You improve by playing outside your comfort zone.

I'm playing 3.5 to 4.5 maps right now. Soo should I start playing what map levels? 5?
PinkNightmares

zem0ku wrote:

I'm playing 3.5 to 4.5 maps right now. Soo should I start playing what map levels? 5?
You should play 2-3* mostly. When you start fcing hards comfortably move to insanes.
Juuuuuuuuul

zem0ku wrote:

In my opinion no, you're not ready for 5* stuff.

Keep playings hards and some low insanes until your top 100 is filled with nice S and A with around 95% accuracy.

Don't rush on difficulties, playing whack a mole will do nothing for improvement and will make you have bad habits.

Download tons of maps, around 5000 and plays them all, sort them by diff, don't skip stuff, don't retry a lot.

If a section is causing trouble, don't spam to survive, take your time to understand the pattern, use no-fail and/or half time if needed.

and the most important thing : play for fun, not for rank/pp.
Topic Starter
zem0ku

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

zem0ku wrote:

In my opinion no, you're not ready for 5* stuff.

Keep playings hards and some low insanes until your top 100 is filled with nice S and A with around 95% accuracy.

Don't rush on difficulties, playing whack a mole will do nothing for improvement and will make you have bad habits.

Download tons of maps, around 5000 and plays them all, sort them by diff, don't skip stuff, don't retry a lot.

If a section is causing trouble, don't spam to survive, take your time to understand the pattern, use no-fail and/or half time if needed.

and the most important thing : play for fun, not for rank/pp.

Okay. So can I stay around 3.5?

My goal right now is yeah just get a good score like A or S with 95%.
Alongal
Play maps you feel you can FC consistently, if you are able to get a big combo in 3.8*stars without struggling a lot, then play that difficulty maps, and from there, go upwards. I had troubles FC'ing maps like 3 days ago but since I tried to start training consistency I am able to FC or almost FC the triple maps than I used to.
Juuuuuuuuul

zem0ku wrote:

Okay. So can I stay around 3.5?

My goal right now is yeah just get a good score like A or S with 95%.
You can try this, it can help you to improve,
Sort your maps by difficulties, start playing some maps around 2.5*, then play the next map in the list, don't skip stuff, don't retry more than a couple times. Repeat every days until all your 2.5* are S/A + 95%, then start a bit higher etc etc.
If in your session, you reach 3.75* too fast, download more mapsets.
show more