forum

Any Russian songs you recommend?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Carmlillball
I like all genres but prefer rock/metal (not like screamo tho plz).
Is this helps, I like bands such as Disturbed, Korn, Linkin Park, Slipknot, The White Stripes, Verax. I also like Jack White. These sorts of music. Though I can listen to electronic. I already like Mood Colour Blue so a song like that would also be great.

Just gonna make this clear, I'm not trying to be a Slavaboo sort of person. I don't know Russian politics or anything. Putin isn't my idol. I'm just an idiot with a language obsession and I like Russian because I think it has a rich internet culture and the pronunciation is a challenge.

Plz can the lyrics be understood by hearing, not overly distorted or similar? I find the songs a nice way to test my Russian hearing skills.

Thx :3
Lynazaya
Hello! I would recommend you to listen to Kipelov (Кипелов) (ex-Aria (Ария). He has got many songs, the most recognisable hit is "I'm free" (Я свободен). He is mostly of the old school rock/metal, tho give it a try because he's a very skilled singer.
Bye
epic man 2
Russian songs? I remember one, but I forgot what it's called.

I did Shazam it when it played on Matryoshka Radio (Russian / English Radio Service) around maybe 2018, it seems as if it is a Russian Nursery Rhyme remix or something? I need to listen to it again, it was pretty good for me.
Topic Starter
Carmlillball

Lynazaya wrote:

Hello! I would recommend you to listen to Kipelov (Кипелов) (ex-Aria (Ария). He has got many songs, the most recognisable hit is "I'm free" (Я свободен). He is mostly of the old school rock/metal, tho give it a try because he's a very skilled singer.
Bye

Hi mate, completely forgot this thread existed, lmao. I've been listening to Kipelov for a while and I like the music. Thank you very much for the recommendation!
TicClick
DonJay
Found a cool black metal band from Russia called Darkeater. I don't think they are active anymore but their music is nice. Black Metal ain't for everyone but I think this band deserves a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCupCPwrBvs
Lychee-kun
I don't know many Russian songs but I really recommend Fairytale - Ic3peak it's my fave :)
Inkvatordor
x
Kim Woojin
I think you'd like songs from ic3peak, mainly this world is sick, sad bitch, and death no more (translated roughly). There's also scary from shortparis.
Fe1x1t
Aeonian Sonder
NAVIBAND - Один из на
NAVIBAND - Галилео (два человека)
Ani Lorak - Сумашедшая
Origa - Fuyuu Yume (The title is Japanese, but there are two versions: Japanese and Russian)
Севак Ханагян - Мир Ярче
Aisel - Невероятно

You can really tell where my interests lie.
Phantonym
Tripaloski and Cheeki Breeki
SA ST
Life Letters is a good glitchy song
Evolve_

Lychee-kun wrote:

I don't know many Russian songs but I really recommend Fairytale - Ic3peak it's my fave :)
its fr amazing
Ymir
Sorochinskaya Yarmarka
his everything
National anthem of Russia
Jangsoodlor

I usually play Russian marches as BGM when working.
Stomiks
Reyalp51
tili tili bom
show more