forum

[Archived] osu not running on mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
neutroneater
running on high sierra 10.13.6, i downloaded the newest one from february and when i double click on it, it just bounces up and nothing happens. i put it in the applications folder already. help?
Technocoder
Drag the zip file into your documents/applications folder and extract the zip file there. Then, right click osu! and click open. Do not double click on osu! directly.
Topic Starter
neutroneater

Technocoder wrote:

Drag the zip file into your documents/applications folder and extract the zip file there. Then, right click osu! and click open. Do not double click on osu! directly.

i get this. i redownloaded it and did what you said.
wine: cannot find L"unix\\Applications\\osu!.app\\Contents\\Resources\\drive_c\\osu!\\osu!.exe"
either i'm terrible at following instructions or something went wrong :3
Technocoder
Someone else had this issue before and I don't think they were able to fix it. You can try:
Open up Wineskin (Right click osu! > Show Package Contents) and ensure that the path in there is /osu!/osu!.exe exactly. You could also try both right clicking the zip file and right clicking osu! and see if that helps anything.

What kind of filesystem are you using? You can open up Disk Utility and on the bottom right should show the type (for example mine is APFS Volume).

(Also, it might be worth checking the osu!.exe file actually exists inside the drive_c > osu! folder)
Topic Starter
neutroneater
the osu file is in drive_c, the path is as you said, and i’m using apfs volume.
i don’t know if this might be the reason it’s not running, but osu ran perfectly a few days ago until this started to happen. i also noticed that the drive_c folder is an alias
33masterman33
Hi i had the same problem start at like 2 min in this video it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjWNWM3Y7w&t=137s
show more