forum

Three Lies, One Truth.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Achromalia
A simple game idea pulled from the depths of boredom.

List four things about yourself or your experiences.

Only three of the items are lies. Only one will be true.

You must guess which of the four items are true from the user above's post.

You aren't required to reply to someone to state they're correct, but if you do, make sure to quote them and tell them the answer, and whether or not they were initially correct.

Round #1.

1. I had an innate and nagging interest in the sciences, specifically, the anatomy of the human body and all systems involved.

2. I have have used both charcoal and watercolors to make art and created pieces of art that I forgot and left behind.

3. I broke a bone while running the track, due to a collapse from over-exertion of my muscles, as i'm not very active.

4. I'm currently joining a music label after talking with the user hosting it's Discord server in hopes of exposure through their community.
DJ Enetro
I’m inclined to think that #2 is the light in the sea of darkness.
Topic Starter
Achromalia

DJ Enetro wrote:

I’m inclined to think that #2 is the light in the sea of darkness.
Correct! #2 was kinda unfortunate since the only charcoal piece I made and felt proud of wound up forgotten along with that one watercolor assignment I didn't like quite as much. I left it all in a folder at my old school and regret not taking it when I could.

#1 is close, but I'm not too big on anatomy, rather, I used to be really into space and astronomy and astrophysics.

#3 is also close. I'm definitely not active and I have indeed collapsed from a fall in the middle of running the track, but I have never broken a bone in that specific instance.

#4 is completely false. I'm not exactly ready to take that on as I dont have the material for one right now and honestly I'd prefer being an individual artist working and doing music on my own, hopefully getting to present something better to others in the future.

Round #2.

1. I'm confident in my music, enough that I'd openly agree to take on any performance, as I believe I'm have decent enough skills to make it enjoyable for everyone.

2. I haven't ever been in a mutually-known and acknowledged romantic relationship with anyone in my life, whether in real life or through digital means.

3. I'm concerned with my appearance to an extent. I hope I can clear up my face better and it really bothers me whenever I look at myself.

4. I don't have many friends online on Discord, and I don't frequently talk to people anywhere. The same applies in my daily life outside of the internet.
keremaru
I'm partially leaned over to select #4 as the answer again, though it seems a bit dark. You don't sound like the type of person to care about their visuals, and I'm not definitive on your confidence in music production, nevertheless live music, and #2 sounds off about you.

1. I've been in a relationship more than once, and the one I'm currently in has been going good for about 2 months.

2. I feel as if I can argue about anything, unless it's argued over visual words.

3. There's never a time where I get unmotivated, and I always feel that I can do anything.

4. I doubt my abilities as a person, and often contemplate over why I try to do things.
Topic Starter
Achromalia

keremal wrote:

I'm partially leaned over to select #4 as the answer again, though it seems a bit dark. You don't sound like the type of person to care about their visuals, and I'm not definitive on your confidence in music production, nevertheless live music, and #2 sounds off about you.
Incorrect. It was #2 again, as I believe I've occasionally posted about how I never really had anyone to share my life with and I've talked about it over Discord numerous times. Not that I'm self conscious about relationship status, just decided to state that as an unfortunate fact.

#1 is wrong since hoyl fuck I couldn't imagine doing something like that in the near future. mostly that's because I want to improve with my music and that I want it to be actually good so that I know someone will enjoy it when I DO make a live performance or something.

#3 is wrong since, though i suppose I'd like to clear up my face, I dont actually care about my appearance, and would be fine if this is how it stayed.

#4 is close, as you'd be correct to say I dont really talk to people in real life, but I'm actually really glad to say I've got plenty of people to talk with over Discord thanks to some servers I follow and frequently chat in, as well as other friends I have. Well, I dont have a *lot*, but, it's enough for me.

- - -

I'll take a guess you're telling the truth with #4. It seems common and I've done it myself.

Round #3.

1. I have a bad relationship with my father.

2. I dont trust my mother much anymore.

3. I'm going on a court appointment with my parents in a week.

4. I'm complacent with moving from both my father and mother, and no longer dread it.
MisakiTobisawa-
2, I guess. I highly doubt it's 1 or 4 because you've never stated or implied it.

let me know if this is not what I should do
1. I feel very depressed as of now.
2. I am very self-centered.
3. I hate more than 5 people in my class.
4. I stay positive when it's the best thing to do.
Topic Starter
Achromalia

jxrhythmer2002 wrote:

2, I guess. I highly doubt it's 1 or 4 because you've never stated or implied it.
Correct. As #2 states, I'm having a difficult time with my mother every now and then and she's made things harder than it's ever needed to be. That isn't to say I hate her, I still think of her as my parent and she hasn't done anything particularly atro--… well, I dont think she's too bad, just sensitive and emotionally driven.

#1 is incorrect, because I harbor no disdain for my dad by any means.

#3 is incorrect by my knowledge. Yes, I've gone to things such as mediation appointments, but things seem relatively fine for now.

#4 is incorrect. I still can't get used to the idea that I'd have to go through the hassle of packing and unpacking my things to go somewhere I don't have an inclination to go to. My dad and I don't have much of a choice, though.

jxrhythmer2002 wrote:

let me know if this is not what I should do
1. I feel very depressed as of now.
2. I am very self-centered.
3. I hate more than 5 people in my class.
4. I stay positive when it's the best thing to do.
You dont actually have to format your items the way I do, but if you want to know how I do it, you can type
[notice] [/notice]
around whatever 4 things you've got.

Anyhow, I'll guess 1, but 4 wouldn't be too unlikely, just a bit hard to manage at first. I'll stick with 1.

Round 4.

1. I'm somewhat disturbed by the highly likely possibility that I could stare at a dead body of a close relative in person and not really react.

2. I'm genuinely really afraid of how emotionless I often am, and I'm pretty insecure about it.

3. Sometimes I'm too tired to care, but other times I just dont do anything because I really just want to die.

4. I'm fine.
Westonini
Hmm, I'm thinking either 2 or 3. Two seems like a possibility since you seem to talk about you being indifferent to a lot of things, but then again I'm not sure if you're "pretty insecure about it." Three is relatable (yeah I know this is about you and not me but still) and some of your posts seem to indicate that you may feel that way at times.

So I'm gonna guess #3

My Turn
1. I've recently been riding my bike more during whatever free time I actually have since I need to work on building up my leg muscles.

2. As much as I didn't want to, I had to leave the video game dev club at my university because it was too difficult to balance it with my classes.

3. I've been working on fixing my sleeping schedule. It's.. a disaster.

4. I've got a group project due soon. A couple weeks actually. I only barely started doing research on it today but It seems easy enough so I'm not really worried.
MisakiTobisawa-

Achromalia wrote:

Anyhow, I'll guess 1, but 4 wouldn't be too unlikely, just a bit hard to manage at first. I'll stick with 1.

I'm sorry, it was 3. 1 WAS true, but isn't really for me at this instant because I just finished my exams.

I guess the third option from West.
okay here's my turn
1. I've played music before.
2. I've never scored less than an A in Mathematics.
3. I plan to play more sports during the school break.
4. I don't like school.
Topic Starter
Achromalia

jxrhythmer2002 wrote:

okay here's my turn
1. I've played music before.

2. I've never scored less than an A in Mathematics.

3. I plan to play more sports during the school break.

4. I don't like school.
I dont know, #3 seems plausible...

but i'll go with #4. Something many would relate to.

Westonini wrote:

Hmm, I'm thinking either 2 or 3. Two seems like a possibility since you seem to talk about you being indifferent to a lot of things, but then again I'm not sure if you're "pretty insecure about it." Three is relatable (yeah I know this is about you and not me but still) and some of your posts seem to indicate that you may feel that way at times.So I'm gonna guess #3
Hmm. You would've been correct with #3 had this been about a year ago. You'd see just how much I just didn't care to live anymore.

But currently, no. The correct answer is #1. I feel a bit uncomfortable knowing that considering how I've reacted in past events, that someone could die in front of me and I'd just not do anything about it. I'd be indifferent to it and that'd seem really fucking cold of me, and I'd rather not be like that, but that could be how things are, by the looks of it.

#2 is incorrect, since i'm not insecure about my loss or lack of emotion. I'm not necessarily afraid of it.

#4 is wrong. I'm not going to lie to myself, I'm not fine. I'm still pretty fucking tired of how things had to wind up like this, and I still don't know how I'll approach this whole thing.

Round #5.

1. There are simply certain types of people I can't stand. At all. They're too irritating to deal with. Sometimes I'd think of beating them up, even though I'm not very strong.

2. I have always disliked school, mostly because it takes time away from what I enjoy most. As long as classmates stay out of my way, though, I'll be fine.

3. There was never a chance that I'd consider college. It's not worth it. Considering that I dont have much money, the cost would be simply too much.

4. I have been able to tolerate tons of insults and banter thrown at me without the urge to fight back. If anything, they'd be the one ready to throw punches.
Westonini

jxrhythmer2002 wrote:

I guess the third option from West.

Heh, I figured it was pretty tricky.

The correct answer is actually 4.

Not 1 Because: While I probably need to, I'm too lazy to ride my bike to work out my legs.
Not 2 Because: I did have my worries about balancing them at first, but so far I've been able to handle both.
Not 3 Because: It's only partially true. My sleeping schedule is garbage but I'm used to it so I don't bother to fix it.

-----------------------

As for Achro's Three Lies, One Truth.. aw fuck. I'm stuck here between choices 1, 2, and 4. (watch it actually be number 3).

Yolo swag 420 I'm just going to randomly go with #2.

-----------------------

I'm trying to make this one quick.

Westonini's Turn

1. Lately I've been feeling bitter.
2. Lately I've been feeling euphoric.
3. Lately I've been feeling depressed.
4. Lately I've been feeling lost.

Edit: ok looking back at this I realize this seems kinda dark. uhhh, ok so lets just like lighten the mood or something. Yeet dab whip nae nae.
Dialect
i feel lazy so im just gonna guess 2

1. loli hentai is the best imo

2. i'm edgy

3. i'm emo

4. i don't give a fuck about you
Westonini
I actually regret posting what I did earlier. But it was too late to take it back or change it.

Anyways, without going into any details because no one cares, it was actually #1.

---------------

Either I guess #1 and I get it right or I guess #1 and get it wrong and things get awkward.

But either way I'm guessing #1.

---------------

I don't feel like taking the time to come up with 3 lies, 1 truth rn so I'll leave that to the next person.
Aiseca
So, I think it's my turn to make one ah!.

'kay then..

Three were lies, one prevails as truth, Which is which?

a.) Whenever I celebrate the New Year at the province, instead of using firecrackers as noise makers, we use dynamite instead and throwing them down the mountainside. So fun and so powerful, it rocks the Earth every time  we do it.

b.) I have a random occurrences of me showing streaks of blood lust, violence and self-harm even if I may look like okay from the outside, smiling. One time I almost ran out in the streets holding a long metal ruler, finding someone to attack. I was just halted by my siblings from escaping.

c.) I managed to stole a rake from a random house on the neighboring town in the middle of the night while going home from a party. I have to grab it because the silence that prevailed that night was somewhat resembles a zombie apocalypse.

d.) I always push diplomatic resolves for every disputes I encountered since I believed that there's no sense in fighting, I see no value in getting people hurt over (sometimes trivial) things.

Tell you a backstory if 'ya guess it right.
MisakiTobisawa-
Alright the answer for mine was 1, I have experience playing piano. I love school, and I plan to work with electronics during the school break.

Only d) sounds plausible to me, to be honest. If the answer turns out to be b), don't you come at me. I have experience shooting air rifles.

here we go again
1. I love rainy weather.
2. I haven't cleaned my room properly for 3 months.
3. I've been sleeping well recently.
4. I share my thoughts on certain things with others often.
TeeArctic1
I'm thinking I'll hope for the positive one and go with #3

Here goes nothing

1. I dislike my life at my new school and have few friends.
2. I feel more powerful than ever and am confidently moving up through the ranks.
3. I'm deeply concerned about my trip to Myanmar in a few weeks and nearly don't want to go.
4. I've been sick a lot lately,feeling exhausted and stressed
Topic Starter
Achromalia
#3 seems of a different tone and actually relevant to what you do. Involves a lot of traveling. #4 is plausible, too, but I'll take a guess with #3.

Welcome back, by the way!

Round #whateverthefuck:

1. I feel okay today.

2. My dad lost the keys to his truck today.

3. I almost dropped my laptop at school today.

4. My mom is picking me up today.
Dialect

Westonini wrote:

Either I guess #1 and I get it right or I guess #1 and get it wrong and things get awkward.

But either way I'm guessing #1.

yes
Aiseca

jxrhythmer2002 wrote:

Alright the answer for mine was 1, I have experience playing piano. I love school, and I plan to work with electronics during the school break.

Only d) sounds plausible to me, to be honest. If the answer turns out to be b), don't you come at me. I have experience shooting air rifles.

D is incorrect.
Topic Starter
Achromalia
Reviving this.

Round #whateverthefuck2:

1. I feel like I'm a disappointment to myself.

2. I didn't enjoy being at my friend's birthday party.

3. I feel like my work is underwhelming.

4. I enjoyed being at my friend's birthday party because of the food.
show more